Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,611   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks, I suspected as much

Quote Originally Posted by Inayat Noor View Post
    Alaska, the longest coastline in the U.S., 6,640 miles, greater than that of all other states combined.
    After all, if nothing else the Aleutians are a much longer chain than the Keys.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm in Fort Lauderdale and might be interested.

The middle of the State might be best for landscapes and nature. I've shot quite a bit down south in Miami and of course in the Ft Lauderdale area and free parking is always a hassle. Out west in the Glades your limited in walking round easily. If you go to certain places like Vizcaya in Miami it use to be $12 to get in. Plus commercial properties don't like people on them shooting, even on the sidewalk out front. Maybe do a natural springs tour up north of Orlando with some tubing and barbecue thrown in. It would be pretty central for most everyone.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm

Well, let's look at residency locations

Since I'll be flipping back and forth on the pages, please forgive any errors.

Myself, Sarasota.
    Jacksonville
    Jacksonville Beach
    Unknown (mw4)
    Ft. Myers
    Unknown (Dave Wooten)
    Fairfield Ct.?????
    Tampa
    Boca Raton (home of my alma mater, sniff.)
    Sobe, no idea where that is. So many new towns since I last lived in FL.

Hope I got everyone.

I propose a field trip to B&H or Freestyle! Road trip!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dave Wooten-Big Pine Key
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Palm Coast for me...North of Daytona, South of St. Augustine.

Lots of great spots close by...

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm seeing central east coast. Senors Tampa, Ft. Myers and I can figure out the most logical car pool, depending on exact destination.

Sound reasonable?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about the Everglades? I am not a member yet but I wouldn't mind joining the group...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well I know of my photo friend in fort myers and John Brady from naples. he posts all the time check his work he is a Clyde Butcher look alike but in color now.
    I've gone back in this section and see that the boys in the Jacksonville area have quite the spots they have photographed that are pretty cool. And there are alot from what I can see.

I'm from Ft myers but driving to the St. Augustine area is about 4-5, but if we stay a couple of days that shouldn't be that big of a deal. One of you guys from that area gives us a idea of some of your outing?
    Aug? Sept? sound good.

mike a
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TStodPhoto View Post
    How about the Everglades? I am not a member yet but I wouldn't mind joining the group...
    Wait until the initiation........

Was it Groucho Marx who said, "I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me?"

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been thru most of Florida (except Panhandle); and all areas have much to offer. I do think that NE Florida has alot of variety; and, for those interested in visiting the area, here are some of my recommendations (from South to North):
    Southeast Museum of Photography in North Daytona Beach area (across from Speedway). In new building, with some very good exhibits.
    Bulow Creek, part of the very scenic Flagler Loop.
    Bulow Plantation with its sugar mill.
    Princess Place Preserve. Scenic with plenty of wildlife including deer.
    Washington Oaks Beautiful gardens, and the seashore has some coquina rock outcroppings.
    St Augustine Alot of tourists here but also much to see.
    Guana Preserve with miles of hiking trails.
    Pumpkin Hill with Salt Marsh and a tabby structure (probably early Broward homestead).
    Kingsley Plantation.
    Big Talbot Island with its dynamic coastline.
    Ft Clinch and Fernandina. A well preserved brick Fort.
    Cumberland Island. Across the St Marys River from Fernandina, the Dungeness ruins & wild horses make it a prime photo opportunity.

Maybe others can post their lists of sights to see; and we can then decide where to have an APUG meeting.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin