Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,881   Online: 951

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Because our home is on the outside of a sharp turn with water on the other side, the DDT guy used to come down the driveway to blast our property. Then we would run after the truck holding our breath as we went back and forth through the haze.

Yet, here I am all these years later and I'm perfectly normal....perfectly normal....perfect..
    But you forgot about the well that is next to the septic tank and can't figure out why the water smells like sh.. Lucky for me i have all three ears and 6 fingers on each hand.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm

I'm with ya on that one, too....

Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    But you forgot about the well that is next to the septic tank and can't figure out why the water smells like sh.. Lucky for me i have all three ears and 6 fingers on each hand.
    Not here at the house I grew up in, but a house I rented for three years. Big, lush grass in rows over the perforated sewage pipe. I don't think it even had a septic tank, IIRC. Thirty feet away, the well. I have no recollection of its depth. The sulfur smell masked anything, um, organic.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Guys,
    with all the hurricanes and tropical storms this year, It may be a good thing to put this meeting off till after the first of the year. along with I have had my share of family deaths this year and at this point I would like to cool it till after Jan 2009. what do you all say?

Mike andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm still cleaning up the mess from TS Fay. After the 1st of year is good for me. Maybe we can put some thought into workshop(s) for the get together.

Btw, there is a good exhibit at Southeast Museum of Photography in Daytona Beach. Lee Dunkel's Florida Wetlands is an APUG-friendly exhibit (silver gelatin prints) that is worth seeing - very interesting high-contrast images.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    Guys,
    with all the hurricanes and tropical storms this year, It may be a good thing to put this meeting off till after the first of the year. along with I have had my share of family deaths this year and at this point I would like to cool it till after Jan 2009. what do you all say?

Mike andersen
    I'd prefer the winter if only for the weather. OTOH, accomodations will be harder to come by and more expensive. Perhaps some non-touristy place like Arcadia would be over here. I'm NOT suggesting Arcadia, just an example.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds fine to me. I understand completely about family problems. Take as long as you need as far as I'm concerned - I'll still meet wherever everyone thinks is a good spot.

- Randy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The point about hotel cost in season is something I forgot about. since season end 1st of May maybe by then we can get together for a real APUG grouping. Till then if anyone is going on any weekender let me know I'm looking to do some after the FSU football season.

mike a

Shooter
    35mm
    The point about hotel cost in season is something I forgot about. since season end 1st of May maybe by then we can get together for a real APUG grouping. Till then if anyone is going on any weekender let me know I'm looking to do some after the FSU football season.

mike a
    I think weather (i.e. cooler and drier) during the winter is a bigger plus factor than the negative of spending more on accomodations. In fact, that would make camping a possibility.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Camping - great idea. I haven't done that since leaving Virginia 20 years ago. Need to get tent that fits my truck - don't like idea of sleeping on the ground in Florida.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    Camping - great idea. I haven't done that since leaving Virginia 20 years ago. Need to get tent that fits my truck - don't like idea of sleeping on the ground in Florida.
    Only problem with sleeping on the ground compared to my Boy Scout days here is now it is SO hard to get up off of the ground!

On a more serious note, consider a cot. That's what I'll have, prolly. Got a sturdy oversized one on eBay four years ago for maybe forty dolla. I sold or gave away my tents in Colorado but I have all the other hardware. BTW, it snowed the other day in the mountains. Made me homesick when I heard that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin