Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,766   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Doug--looking forward to seeing your work in "the flesh".

Right now trying to get enough experience with my little Nagaoka, and Graphic View II to make my trip productive.....(will have backup MF,35mm)

Making all the Newbie mistakes with LF---film loaded wrong, wrong developer in processor, ...etc etc...but I am now starting to get a few productive images.

FT Clinch, Talbot Island State Park, Amelia Downtown and Marina, and then off to St Augustine to Visit Castillo San Marco,---Maybe even Ft Caroline on the Way and will work our way south to the Dry Tortugas.

Robert
    There are never any bad ideas just the lack of will to execute them..............

Workshops

Quote Originally Posted by rcovingt View Post
    I am considering the workshops, but feel they may be beyond my skill level.
    I feel certain that these workshops will be beyond the skill level of many who will be attending. Indeed, the very reason to attend is so that one can learn new skills surrounded by others in a supportive environment. Consider joining Doug, I, and the others who are coming. What a great chance to meet new friends, learn new skills, and have fun while learning. Absolutely NO STRESS. In addition, for those who haven't seen the photographic educational facilities at Daytona Beach State College you are in for a treat. As many of you already know, DBSC has joined resources with The University of Central Florida to offer a four year Bachelors degree in Photography. DBSC will continue to offer a two year degree in Photographic Studies. There is a new title, The Southeastern Center for Photographic Studies, ( SECPS ) which encompasses the entire "program". The new Dean at DBSC, Daniel Biferie, is very dedicated toward maintaining the teaching of analog skill as is Jason Burrell who is the UCF Dean on site. Be aware that many on the faculty are accomplished analog photographers as well as very skilled digital camera and Photoshop users. There is the real possibility that SECPS will become a center for the teaching of alternate process photographic techniques in the entire Southeastern USA. Could we have programs similar to those presented by Formulary in Montana? Yes, and in our own backyard! If these workshops are successful then plans are to ask ( no guarantee that they will come unless we can demonstrate interest ) other experts in alternate process to present workshops on a regular basis at SECPS ( for example, Sandy King on Carbon Transfer Printing! ). However, we MUST support these workshops in order to demonstrate that there is enough interest to proceed.

OK...you all get the idea.

Ed
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 12-13-2008 at 02:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong name!

Doug's thoughts about a get together on that Friday are great! Many areas to photograph close by, and then dinner at one of the fine restaurants near the SECPS. If you need help or guidance with lodgings or other issue then please let me know. I am a "special non degree student" at the College ( no doubt by far the oldest in attained years...perhaps 45-50 years older then some of the "kids"...talk about a reality check! ), and if I can learn new LF skills then I assure you that anyone can! Not brain surgery my friends.

EM
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 12-13-2008 at 02:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Mistake with name!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I plan on taking off the Fridays before both workshops, and come down early to the area. There's a very good Mexican restaurant near the campus ( Cancun Lagoon ). Also several photogenic opportunities from Flagler loop just North to New Smyrna Sugar Mill to the South.

Agree with Ed that SECPS could become an exciting opportunity for those of us who are experimenting with alt processes. Sandy King on Carbon would be a must attend (still have tissue in the freezer from an earlier attempt ;-(
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    You can now register for Carl Weese's Pt/Pd Workshop, see Carl Weese Workshop at Daytona This is very exciting since pt/pd is one of those processes that I have longed to try.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin