Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,250   Online: 770

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New film purchases for our shop

Hello,

I am Jody and work at FotoTechnika in Jacksonville, Fl. In the past 8 weeks or so we have started carrying film and supplies and are not yet known for doing so. We have already stocked a good portion of Fuji films (consumer & pro) and the full line of Ilford. It has gone well so far and we are ready to expand by a little bit. I am going to put in an order by days end to pick up on some of the less used B&W films including:

Rollei Films
    Efke
    Foma
    Adox
    Legacy

Efke is a good source for odd size films like 127, 2.25x3.25,3.25x4.25, 5x7.

I've heard many great things about the Rollei films.

So my question for the Florida people (being that you are our demographic) is what you could see yourself purchasing locally? We have yet to sell a single roll of Ilford Pan, so I don't see much of a point in purchasing any of the other brands Pan films. I'm not sure there is a market for Ortho films. Other than that I would love to hear suggestions on which we should be looking at for you guys and gals in our region.

Please continue this list even if the day goes by, I will be placing a order today, but future orders are to come and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Jody
    http://www.fototechnika.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG, no Kodak film?

Oh well.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Stick it on your web site.

I buy most of my film on-line (even though I work in a camera store) because of the different kinds I like to use and that my store does not stock Efke or Adox or any of the un-orthodox films.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    We have yet to sell a single roll of Ilford Pan, so I don't see much of a point in purchasing any of the other brands Pan films. I'm not sure there is a market for Ortho films.
    So if there is no market for Pan films, and you are not sure about Ortho films, what films do you want to sell??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think he's referring to Ilford Pan F, not panchromatic films in general.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I think he's referring to Ilford Pan F, not panchromatic films in general.
    Yes sorry, I missed the "F".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When will you be adding film prices and ordering info to your website?

Shooter
    35mm
    As a photo store owner, I will politely disagree that Pan F doesn't have a market. We sell quite a lot of it (not, say, at the level of HP5, but enough that I certainly wouldn't want to run out of it). We find that it takes a bit of prodding to get people out of their comfort zone (again, HP5 and the like), but after they try something like Pan F, they're usually back for more.

Just my two cents.

Andrew Toews

Darkroomcentral.ca
    Photocentral.ca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo Central - Please don't get me wrong, I am not so bold as to say Pan F doesn't have a market. My purpose in the statement was that, as of the moment, we don't seem to have a clientele that is interested, therefore, with a limited amount of funds i don't think we will be purchasing other brands of Pan film. However, to further explain myself, I am referring to the PAN labeling as in ISO 25 mostly regarding the Rollei Pan 25. Though I do want to get some Rollei films.

At this point it looks like a list may look something like:

Rollei R3 (35mm & 120)
    Retro 100 & 400
    Efke A whole range including the odd sizes. A little of a lot
    Legacy Pro 100 & 400

Photo Engineer wrote "OMG, no Kodak film?" Actually yes, We are getting Tri-x and Plus-x along with the Legacy above. I have no experience with this film, but we will see.

Fomapan a few different things (not sure yet)
    Limited Adox but hopefully some.

Possibly Fortepan
    Possibly Arista because students want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went into one of hte big stores here in Rochester, walking distance from where the film is made by Kodak, and there were only 4 rolls of film on display. There were 4 rolls of Kodak 400 speed B&W, I forget which one there and nothing else. They said that it was moving so poorly that the only got it special order.

Oh well.

PE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin