Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,742   Online: 855

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Community darkrooms in DeLand area?

We're moving back down to Florida after a year of purgatory in the frozen north. My husband will be teaching at Stetson and I was hoping to use their darkroom. Unfortunately, they are in the process of dismantling the lab in favor of going all digital.

I called the Southeastern Museum of Photography and they do no have a community darkroom. Daytona State obviously has an awesome program but since we won't have a Florida domicile for the first year, tuition is prohibitively expensive - even for just one class.

I haven't yet called Daytona State to ask if they allow community members to use their facilities. I'm guessing they don't. Does anyone know for sure or know of a local-use darkroom anywhere nearby?
    ~Jodi~

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might want to contact Dean Dan Biferie biferid@daytonastate.edu There has I understand already been some discussion with him about community usage of their darkroom facilities. Good luck.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Doug. I've been trying to contact his secretary this morning but I'll give him a call on his line and ask about this.
    ~Jodi~

Shooter
    Medium Format

Crealde Art School

When I lived in Orlando I would rent the darkroom at The Crealde Art School in Winter Park.

http://www.crealde.org/

I don't know if it's still available.

Noor

Shooter
    Medium Format

Darkroom rental

See if this works for you. Darkroom Rental
    The darkroom is available for rental. Crealdé membership is required. For more information, call 407-671-1886. Hope this helps.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin