Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,869   Posts: 1,583,299   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    (1) The auto junk yard in Morrisville along Route 1 and the nearby William Penn estate on the Delaware.

(2) The old wooden/rotten boat junk yards in Greenwich, NJ, and open nearby farm country.

(6) For those would like to experience something quite different from landscape photogpapy, we could go to Manayunk which is an old factory section on Philadelphia with very small houses, and streets that are unbelievely steep. Manaynk is off the interestion of I-76 and Route 1, so it is readily assisible for those who may be traveling from either the Ben Franklin Bridge or the PA Turnpike.

I would love to shoot these with the 8x10.....Let me know when!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jim:

James is the head of the New Jersey group, so it is up to him as to when we plan this trip.

Separately, if permission is not a problem; lets not forget Princeton and the University Campus. Also, the headquarters for Bristol-Meyers-Squibb is on Route 206 and the main building with its water sculpture would make for some really nice photo opportunities. Lastly, a walking tour of the town of Princeton would be great fun.

My suggestion is that we use our next outing to also agree upon our Fall trips. Moreover, I would like explore the idea of our having an annual public exposition and reception in the Princeton area. This would be a great vehical - possibly with support from the New Jersey Council For The Arts - for our aspiring fine artists to gain significant recognition.

If anyone is interested in joining me, this weekend I am thinking to going to Mount Holly to photograph the old jail and fire station. If time and conditions permit, I may also go to the old migrant farm worker huts on the Mt. Holly-Freehold Rd. If anyone is interested, please PM me with your telephone number so that we can agree upon a time to meet.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin

The

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made it half way to CT, and had a flat tire, I got my spare tyre put on, it was late evening on saturday so I did not expect anyone to be open and ofcourse being new NE (tri state) I did not want to drive on a spare tyre to NJ. So I sadly had to return back home, drove slow and made it back to MA. Since it was a rental car I just had to call the rental agency on sunday and they brought me a replacement. OH! well... I missed it.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Missed a chance to say goodbye to everyone as I was busy shooting by the river. Great location selection.

Didn't get the wireless internet connection in the hotel to work until now. I drove around the town after you guys left, there are some historical residential buildings/inns with farms around. Won't get home until later this week. Will develop the pictures as soon as I hit the darkroom.

Thanks James for organizing the great outing. Glad that the weather turned out perfect for a shoot out. My first taste of 4x5 was wonderful, enjoy it very much. Will need to dig into more. Looking forward to the last weekend of June. With so much to choose from based on Robert's recommendation, we should plan a trip for the weekend down at Southern NJ, instead of a day trip to justify the high gas price. So, we can visit more than location if we plan well.

Alex - M7 is amazing, isn't it. I was hooked ever since I laid my hands on a M3. Will bring the pictures you took with it.

Art - apparently, you like the Hassy extension tube. Nice pictures from you portfolio, btw, some great pictures on your site too. All film based, I hope :-) You will find a lot of fun from macro as well.

John (jovo) - is your middle name Ansel? Some good landscape stuff from your work.

It's a pleasure meeting everyone. Great event! Once again, thanks James!

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Superuj
    Art - apparently, you like the Hassy extension tube. Nice pictures from you portfolio, btw, some great pictures on your site too. All film based, I hope :-) You will find a lot of fun from macro as well.
    LOL Sorry. I told ya I'd forget the thing. Really. Don't let my drooling over the tube tell you otherwise!

Hey! Of course it's all film based! Blasphemy to think otherwise!

Looking forward to our next get-together.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    I made it half way to CT, and had a flat tire, I got my spare tyre put on, it was late evening on saturday so I did not expect anyone to be open and ofcourse being new NE (tri state) I did not want to drive on a spare tyre to NJ. So I sadly had to return back home, drove slow and made it back to MA. Since it was a rental car I just had to call the rental agency on sunday and they brought me a replacement. OH! well... I missed it.
    Manjo,
    I was concerned that something may have happened. Fortunately, everything turned out to be OK as far as your health and safety is concerned.
    We will have other outings and a few of them will probably be closer for you. Keep an eye on this forum for updated information.
    In the meantime, send me some contact information - name, APUG user ID, phone, e-mail, and format(s) used and I will include it in a roster I am putting together for NJ APUG member use. It will not be distributed any further than that.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Superuj
    Missed a chance to say goodbye to everyone as I was busy shooting by the river. Great location selection.

Thanks James for organizing the great outing. Glad that the weather turned out perfect for a shoot out. My first taste of 4x5 was wonderful, enjoy it very much. Will need to dig into more. Looking forward to the last weekend of June. With so much to choose from based on Robert's recommendation, we should plan a trip for the weekend down at Southern NJ, instead of a day trip to justify the high gas price. So, we can visit more than location if we plan well.

It's a pleasure meeting everyone. Great event! Once again, thanks James!

John
    John, send me some contact information so I can include it on a roster that I will distribute to our small group - name, APUG ID, phone, e-mail, and format(s) used.

Nice meeting you on Sunday and thanks for being part of the group.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are some photos from Sunday's shoot. Please feel free to download and save.

James
    Last edited by JamesG; 09-19-2006 at 04:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And more photos...

James
    Last edited by JamesG; 09-19-2006 at 04:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And still more...

James

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin