Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,506   Online: 708

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format

Prallsville Photos

It must have been the yellow socks mentioned in an earlier post. My 4X5 shots were not so professional as to merit posting, but they did confirm my Arca Swiss does what it is intended to do!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauvius
    Photo Opportunities:

Naturally, for those who would be interested Della Sandro's - one of Philadlephia's best cheese steak "joints" - is located in Manayunk on Ridge Ave. & Walnut Lane.
    Robert J. Triffin
    Dallesandro's. The address is Henry Avenue and Walnut Lane, and the neighorhood is Roxborough. Up Ridge from Walnut Lane is Bob's Diner, good breakfasts. Right next door to Bob's is an old cemetary, with a grave of a nurse who died in the Spanish American War. Way south on Ridge, past Midvale Ave (East Falls), is Mt Laural Cemetary, a Victorian "monumental/garden" cemetary that includes General George Meade. I used a Bessa 66 to photograph the annual ceremories on Memorial Day. Got the negatives, but still have to print out them out.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sounds like a plan...

Quote Originally Posted by polaski
    Dallesandro's. The address is Henry Avenue and Walnut Lane, and the neighorhood is Roxborough. Up Ridge from Walnut Lane is Bob's Diner, good breakfasts. Right next door to Bob's is an old cemetary, with a grave of a nurse who died in the Spanish American War. Way south on Ridge, past Midvale Ave (East Falls), is Mt Laural Cemetary, a Victorian "monumental/garden" cemetary that includes General George Meade. I used a Bessa 66 to photograph the annual ceremories on Memorial Day. Got the negatives, but still have to print out them out.

I have been there, but fortunately I had someone with me who lives in Philly. It is a good place for photograhy. This would be a good location for a NJ/PA/NY get together if we had an organizer. Let's consider the opportunity. Thanks for the info.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    JamesG -- First I should pay for membership. This is an excellent forum. Secondly, day job is all comsuming for next two months. October might be a good time. Gravestone and monuments photograph better in oblique light. I'll contuinue to lurk on off hours, and getting together with a group would be a kick-start on my current photo doldrums.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin