Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,142   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG Photo Shoot Sunday 21 May 2006

Greetings to all NJ/PA/NY Apugers,
    Nine APUG members gathered at Prallsville Mills in Stockton, NJ for a shoot at this historic location. It went well. The outside of the mills complex buildings were photographed as well as the inside of the historic grist mill. Seven photographers photographed using 8x10 and 4x5 view and field cameras and two used Hasselblads and two used 35mm (some shooters used more than one format). There were extra cameras available and everyone had the opportunity to photograph in large format if they had wanted to. The photographers enjoyed each others' company over lunch and was able to show some of their work.
    The next outing is planned for the last weekend in June, possibly in the Delaware Water Gap area and a weekend trip to beacon, NY is planned fore the fall. More details to follow.
    For more information, contact JamesG. at 908-996-2484 (studio) or e-mail, jgphotography@att.net
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So who else was there?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was. It was a great day, even though I had to leave earlier than I wanted. Thanks to James for putting this together. I will post my images once they are printed. I look forward to more. And Art.......A-N-A-L-O-GGGGGGG. Hehe....nice seeing you buddy! You too Alex and it was great meeting the rest. Hope to see you all again soon. - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    snip... and two used Hasselblads a...snip
    Hey! Mine is new. I rarely buy used.

Quote Originally Posted by aj-images
    And Art.......A-N-A-L-O-GGGGGGG.
    C'mon Jim, you liked my work...hehehe. Did ya see how fast I ran when the special word came up? Eeek!

What a great day. Film's being processed right now. I'll pick it up some time next week. And I'll develop my Type 55 from the pinhole tonight. I need to mix up some sulfite solution first.

We came up with a couple trips this summer. Should be a good one in the Hidosn Valley. Can combine with the New England group. Sorta like a Yankees/Mets/Red Sox outing...hehehe

Bob Fowler! What happened to ya?

Thanks for organizing James.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, James, you organized a great day. I came home and souped the first of two rolls i took. I'll do the other and the sheet film tomorrow....the first looks really promising! (Sorry I missed saying goodbye to some of you guys; i was upstairs in the millhouse going nuts over old wood, foot thick walls, and ancient, rolled glass window panes )

The plans for future meetings sound exciting. I'll post something about Beacon as soon as I can scout out a likely date.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format

Prallsville Mills

James-Thanks for the nice outing, I enjoyed meeting the other folks that attended. It was a great opportunity to try out my Arca Swiss Discovery, for the first time! Thanks also for bringing the film changing tent!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryhull
    James-Thanks for the nice outing, I enjoyed meeting the other folks that attended. It was a great opportunity to try out my Arca Swiss Discovery, for the first time! Thanks also for bringing the film changing tent!

Terry, my pleasure to have been helpful. You will find that 4x5 is a great way to get into large format. Once you learn to use your 4x5, then moving up to a larger size will not be any problem.

After you left, the group went to lunch and started to plan future events. Keep an eye on this group to keep abreast for what is coming up. The next event will be Sunday, 25 June, probably up along the Delaware River above the Water Gap. More info to follow.

Terry, Art, John, and Jim... send me your contact info and I will create a list to share with everyone. Robert, John, Alex, and - who else did I forget? oops - please do the same.

Finally, who would be interested in going on a little scouting expedition to the area that we may photograph in June? This would, of course, be a scout with camera in tow. Let me know.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Photo Opportunities:

Let's not forget these six other good possibilities to consider for this summer or fall:

(1) The auto junk yard in Morrisville along Route 1 and the nearby William Penn estate on the Delaware.

(2) The old wooden/rotten boat junk yards in Greenwich, NJ, and open nearby farm country.

(3) The Monmouth Battle Ground on Route 33 leading to Freehold.

(4) The Washington's Crossing Area

(5) The Wild Gosse Wild Life Area in Lima, PA. This can be a tough walk of about a mile and a half, but the stream and rock formations are very pictuesque.

(6) For those would like to experience something quite different from landscape photogpapy, we could go to Manayunk which is an old factory section on Philadelphia with very small houses, and streets that are unbelievely steep. Manaynk is off the interestion of I-76 and Route 1, so it is readily assisible for those who may be traveling from either the Ben Franklin Bridge or the PA Turnpike.

Naturally, for those who would be interested Della Sandro's - one of Philadlephia's best cheese steak "joints" - is located in Manayunk on Ridge Ave. & Walnut Lane.

Separately, I had a great time meeting everyone and can not wait to see James' (unmentionalbe) pictures posted.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert, I love cheesesteaks!!!

I will be posting the photos from the Prallsville Mills shoot as soon as I get my d_ _ _ l darkroom moved from my old studio to my new one. I may have that done by tonight; if not, then Wednesday. Busy tomorrow night...

From your list of suggestions, I personally would love to photograph at Manaynk and Greenwich. Sounds like something different from what I normally do.

James

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It was a very good outing, met more APUG members. The future plans sounds very good too.

Can't wait to develop the negatives tonight. One of them I am not sure it was exposed or not (Hei, the black is facing outside, and I can't remember a damn thing if I shot it or I insert the darkslide the wrong way after loading the film), the other one is half exposed to the sun when I accidently pull the darkslide out, Ouch!

And, I got a chance to shoot few frames with a LEICA (Thanks to John, aka superuj)! It was an amazing experence for me, because I have been dreaming that thing for a long time. I think I will sell my car to buy one of those suckers.

ANyway, I enjoy the outing very much, and the old lady in the mill kicked me out after I took only two shots inside, I took too long to set up the camera and she wanted to go home and have a nice dinner.

Finally I want to thank James for orgnizing the whole thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin