Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,350   Online: 1144

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ideas For A July Photo Trip

Robert Triffen was good enough to do some scouting for a future get-together. He went to the Mount Holly, NJ area and found some good locations. THese include a historical jail, a farm with some interesting structures, and a railroad museum (info at http://www.pemberton-twp.com/North_P...n_Station.html).

Let me know what your ideas would be about going down to South Jersey. If we are up at the Delaware Water Gap area at the end of June, then going down to South Jersey gives us an opportunity to spread our travels around so the same people do not have to do the long trips.

If this is a viable option for us let me know and I will make the necessary contacts. Maybe the weekend of 22-23 July might be a good time. Is mid-week good for anyone?

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Not southern Jersey, but I've always loved Hacklebarney State Park near the borders of Hunterdon, Morris and Somerset counties. Small park, but full of nature and nice small water falls.

James, where do you live in Hunterdon County? I graduated from Central. Friends live in Frenchtown.

www.walterpcalahan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster
    James, where do you live in Hunterdon County? I graduated from Central. Friends live in Frenchtown.

www.walterpcalahan.com
    I have a studio in Frenchtown, but I shoot all over Bucks and Hunterdon.

Feel free to join us on the 25th.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Burlington County Jail

The Burlington County Jail is on the National Register of Historic Landmarks and was in use from 1811-1965. It is open on Tuesday through Sundays from 12:00-4:00 P.M. Mount Holly is readily assessable from I-295, I-195 and the NJ Turnpike. The jail is located at the intersection of High & Grant Streets, in the center of Mount Holly.

Separately, because of members likely vacation plans, I suggest that we plan a Mount Holly for late August.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Robert Triffen was good enough to do some scouting for a future get-together. He went to the Mount Holly, NJ area and found some good locations. THese include a historical jail, a farm with some interesting structures, and a railroad museum (info at http://www.pemberton-twp.com/North_P...n_Station.html).

Let me know what your ideas would be about going down to South Jersey. If we are up at the Delaware Water Gap area at the end of June, then going down to South Jersey gives us an opportunity to spread our travels around so the same people do not have to do the long trips.

If this is a viable option for us let me know and I will make the necessary contacts. Maybe the weekend of 22-23 July might be a good time. Is mid-week good for anyone?

James

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone know anything about Bannerman's Castle? I think they used
    to give tours of the island, by appointment. Not necessarily for July,
    but it may be worth thinking about. If there are still tours offered,
    maybe this could be something we can coordinate with our New York
    friends.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    Anyone know anything about Bannerman's Castle? I think they used
    to give tours of the island, by appointment. Not necessarily for July,
    but it may be worth thinking about. If there are still tours offered,
    maybe this could be something we can coordinate with our New York
    friends.
    John,
    If you can find out any information about this, it would be a great location for a photo shoot. Let us know what you find out.

James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Bannerman's Castle is a very interesting middle-of-the-Hudson structure, and I do believe access to it is restricted. I'll see what I can find out.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The June trip was almost a complete washout (check my post in that thread). Let's get something going for July. I am out of action for the first three and the last weekends. But, if someone thinks a trip somewhere during one of those weekends is a good idea, I won't hold you back. If the 22-23 looks good, let's plan.

James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have my vote for Bannerman Castle. Someone in the Bannerman Castle Trust (http://www.bannermancastle.org) should be able to hook us up. We can make a preposition to them that we are willing to share some of our pictures with the trust, with consent from the individual photographer, of course. A tour inside would be nice but the out-skirt seems pretty interesting too. July is a much better time for me and I should be able to join in the second half of the month (either weekend).

John Chee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not much interest for the past weekend. I guess it will be better to look toward September for our next get together.

James

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin