Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,035   Online: 1019

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

NJ State Parks and Historic Sites closed starting July 5th

Just saw this message flashing on the parkway signs. - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim,

Is that supposed to be for a short time or permanently. I lived in NJ for a long time and there are a lot of beautiful State Parks in NJ. I loved to and still go up to the Delaware Water Gap and would go to Stokes State Forest and Worthington State Park. Then there is Hackelbarney (sp???), Round Valley......

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Temporary- Has to do with Corzine and Trenton.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Need more info. How does it have to do with Corzine? He bought his Senate seat by paying off black churches. He bought the governors seat by buying off his girlfriend, the union prez.

Did he now buy all the parks? Or was it that the park employees did not belong to his girlfriends union?

Newark mayor Sharp James spent millions of dollars of Homeland Security money buying garbage trucks. He said if the worst happens we will need state of the art garbage trucks to clean it all up.

Did I say how I love seeing my tax dollars flow down the sewer to Newark?

Thanks AJ, I needed this jump start to my day.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There seems to be a growing trend in states with constitutions requiring balanced budgets to run into arithmetic problems. Everyone wants lower taxes and raised spending. Unfortunately, a mastery of elementary school math is not required for election to the legislature, or admission to the bar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't live in New Jersey but from what I understand Corzine wants to raise the state sales tax to make up for budget shortfalls. The legislature wants to do a combination of cutting the budget (more the Republicans) and use targeted tax increases (more the democrats). Last Saturday was the final day to submit a new budget which included tax increases and cuts but no sales tax increase. Corzine will not sign the budget submitted and the state effectively runs out of money on July 5th. Untill a compromise is reached all state funded operations stop, although essential facilities such as state hopitals and prisons will of course continue to operate with those employees working without a paycheck untill this is resolved.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin