Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,666   Online: 923

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fine Focus Workshop

Greetings,
    I had the pleasure of participating in a workshop offered by Richard Ritter, Ted Harris, and Bruce Barlow last weekend in Vermont. It was a blast! I finally got a chance to use by 8x10 and took 20 photos with it. Richard checked it over, made a fewe minor repairs, and it was good to go.
    I will be with them again at the end of September, the 22nd to the 24th, in norther New Hampshire for a fall foliage workshop. If anyone is interested in going and wants to share transportation, please let me know. I will be leaving Thursday, the 21st.
    All three men are great, very helpful, and always upbeat. I took a few
    d------- photos and I will post them when I get back from Connecticut next Monday or Tuesday.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    James,

I too have had the pleasure of participating in a few Fine Focus Workshops. I will also be attending the Fall Foliage Workshop, but I believe the dates are September 28, to October 1.

This should be a wonderful opportunity. I am really looking forward to having Ted Harris do a brain dump on color photography. Some friends of mine have been to this part of the world before and tell me that there should be very little evidence of human intervention on this grand landscape.

I understand there are still a few spots available, the link with the workshop details is www.finefocusworkshops.com

Looking forward to seeing you in September,

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen
    James,

I too have had the pleasure of participating in a few Fine Focus Workshops. I will also be attending the Fall Foliage Workshop, but I believe the dates are September 28, to October 1.

John
    I stand corrected on the date. It is 28 Sep - 1 Oct. I am looking forward to it.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fall Foliage workshop presented a mixed bag of tricks. It rained all day Friday but I had a chance to get some good images. There is a covered bridge outside Pittsburg, NH that is closed to traffic. The sides have openings in them in which I was able to set up and photograph with an 8x10. I was able to expose some excellent black and white images here; wall hanging quality.

Saturday started off cloudy, but soon turned out to be a nice day. I photographed a beautiful valley and hillside with some chromes and black and white negatives with my 4x5. Later that same day, I was at a waterfall with my 8x10 and exposed more b&w negatives. I also had a chance to burn a few rolls of 220 b&w and one roll of 120 chromes at this location.

Sunday was strictly a medium format day as it threatened rain from the get go. I was able to shoot another roll of 220 before we called it a day and met for lunch. The rain started as we headed for the cars to go to lunch. it continmued all day as I headed down to Brattleboro, Vermont for the night.

Monday morning was sunny and I headed for downtown Brattleboro before heading home. I shot a roll of 220 b&w here, photographing alleys and other out-of-the-way places in the city. Good photography!

There were eight participants: two women from the Toronto area (Cory and Patricia, they shot large format); one medium format photographer from MA., Rene; Hany Aziz, a large format photographer who used a Shen Hao 5x7 is from Springfield, MA' Bill Mitchell, a retired country doctor from Florida used a small digital camera for the trip; John Bowen, a large format shooter from Virginia, shot 4x5, 8x10, 7x17, and 35mm; and yours truly. The Fine Focus trio of Richard Ritter, Bruce Barlow, and Ted Harris were very helpful during the weekend.

I will be back with them in February for the Snow and Ice Workshop.

James

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin