Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was suggested we meet at the Commerce Bank parking lot at 510 High Street (Rt. 541) in Mount Holly and introduce ourselves and proceed from there. Are there any issues in doing this? There may be an opportiunity to grab a drink close by and then move on.

Please share any thoughts or concerns there may be. This may be more convenient and easier to find for those who do not know the area.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    It was suggested we meet at the Commerce Bank parking lot at 510 High Street (Rt. 541) in Mount Holly and introduce ourselves and proceed from there. Are there any issues in doing this? There may be an opportiunity to grab a drink close by and then move on.

Please share any thoughts or concerns there may be. This may be more convenient and easier to find for those who do not know the area.

James
    Count me in. I ,too, am familiar with the area and The Commerce Bank parking lot is easier to find than the Pemberton RR Station.

I still work but 1:30 is a pretty good time for me.

Howard Dvorin
    Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    "... Commerce Bank parking lot at 510 High Street (Rt. 541) in Mount Holly..."
    Sounds good. See you there at 1:30!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for the delay in posting, but we had a successful shoot with a meeting to follow. I will try to post photos later tonight. Looks like another trip to the Burlington County Jail Museum for the next get-together, as time was a little constrained last week. Maybe a 10 a.m. gathering in October or early November...

Please let me know what the consensus is.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    James,

Sounds good to me. Next time, I'll bring LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photos

Finally, I am able to post some photos. I've just been very busy in the studio the last 10 days, but here they are.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0207.jpg   IMG_0208.jpg   IMG_0209.jpg   IMG_0215.jpg   IMG_0211.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds Good to me. Thanks for posting the pictures. How did you make me look so handsome?

Howard

Shooter
    Multi Format

Planning for 2007 - Getting Involved

Who's ready for another get-together to help plan a few activities for the coming season? Does a dinner meeting in the Trenton-Princeton area sound like something NJ APUGers want to do? Give me some feedback so we can get things going.

Note: Robert Triffen and I have been getting together for some photography with our large format cameras. While we enjoy the company of other photographers, and continue to hope that others will become involved in our activities, we will be getting together for large format work even if it is only the two of us. I have posted a few photos below of a recent outing. it was cold, there was snow on the ground, and the pond we had set up to photograph was mostly frozen over.

I hope everyone who reads this post is interested in being active this year. Just let me know what you want to do and I will try to set up various activities that will appeal to everyone.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0716.jpg   IMG_0719.jpg   IMG_0721.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Jersey APUG Events

Newark's Portuguese "Down Neck / Ferry Street Corridor" is Newark's counterpoint to Philadelphia's "Italian Market", - and which is long a figment of the tourist industry's imagination. Another good "North-Jersey" location for street photography is Union City's "Bergenline Ave." from about 39th Street through 60th Street. With all the Hispanic food sellers, music, and - everything going on - "Bergenline Ave." in Union City is a walking photographer's paradise.

While both "Down Neck" and "Bergenline Ave." are ideal for 35mm/120 shooters, the Route One corridor from Lawrenceville thorough Rahway presents numerous attractive photographic opportunities. New Jersey has more operating dinners that any other state. For those who are interested in "old factories", Passaic is the place in "North Jersey". At Passaic's 8th & South Street, there is a working rail road repaid yard that is ideal for railroad buffs.

South Jersey - by the Delaware Bay - is reminiscent of Walker Evans vision of "dignity amonst the working men/women". The area's oil refineries and shuttered glass factories scattered through serene farm/swamp land present numerous photographic opportunities. While as different as night and day, Atlantic City through Cape May - with its Victorian mansions and vacationers - are also not to be forgotten.

Western Jersey offers the Delaware Water Gap, and through which area the Appalachian Trial weaves some very impressive hiking and landscape photographic opportunities. Dover - right off of 1-80 and Rts. 10 and 46 - is small but interesting for its Hispanic community.

For those who are "truly adventuresome", I recommend Camden. However, I would only recommend Camden to those who can bring a couple friends to assure that there are no "mis-undersandings". Presently, Camden is hard pressed and only a faint shell of its once manufacturing and ecconomnic prominence.

My idea for a Jersey APUG chapter is that we meet periodically for dinner, discuss past and future get togehters, and then each of use goes either alone or with friends "where-ever" the spirit moves us. I see the Jersey APUG chapter as a supportive and open minded - rather than a competitive or dogmatic group - of shutterbugs.

In this regard, Jim has been able to get Jersey APUG'ers a group weekend rate at a local Gettysburg, PA, motel. While I have offered to play "tour guide" through Philadelphia's Latino and Manychunk neighborhoods for those who may be interested in street photography.

Conversely, having been to the Philadelphia's "Italian Market" in the mid-50s' as a child - and continuing through the late 60s' - on numerous occasions; the current version of the "Italian Market" offers - at most - two city blocks of non-Italians who with very little to sell - do so at full retail for poor quality merchandise.

Given the number and location of those who reply, we will meet in the next few weeks at a restaurant that is centrally located. In keeping with the idea that the Jersey APUG Chapter is "Open", Jim and I believe that the means used to present an image are immaterial to the ultimate goal of enjoying the experience - and if a pleasurable image results - so much the better.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NJ diner shoot this Sunday afternoon. Anyone interested? Let's photograph them before they are all gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin