Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,046   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Organizational Meeting

Greetings to all...

It's probably time to more formally organize this APUG regional group. Robeert Triffen and I met for a dinner meeting last week and we would like to do more as a group. Although we both shoot Large Format, as other APUGers do, we want to offer a program to all film shooters.

We need to get started so we can have an active Fall. We need ideas for
    1. Time and Place for an organizational meeting. I am willing to host one in Frenchtown, NJ if that is convenient for everyone interested. Other ideas will be considered.
    2. Fall photo opportunities. We already have a Beacon, NY trip in the idea stage.
    3. Winter seminars/workshops for when we cannot get out and photograph. My studio will be available for at least one workshop if we decide to do them.
    4. Annual show and dinner - if we want to go this route.

Let me know what you think. NJ/PA/NY APUGers welcome as well as anyone else.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A very convenient site for a dinner meeting would be the TG Friday's Restaurant which is located at: 2703 Mount Holly, Rd. Burlington, NJ. This location is approximately 1/2 mile from the Mt. Holly exit of the New Jersey turnpike, and approximately one mile from the I-295 exit for Mt. Holly.

For those not familiar with the area, when exiting either I-295 or the New Jersey Turnpike at Mt. Holly simply proceed east on the intersecting highway - Rt. 541 (a/k/a) Burlington-Mt. Holly Rd. Friday's is located on the north side of Rt/ 541 in a complex of stores and similar eating establishments.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Can people from the Mid Atlantic group come too?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Although James Grimes is the leader of the NJ/PA/NY regional APUG chapter, I do not see a problem with anyone who may interested in attending.

Robert J. Triffin

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Organizational Meeting / Date, Time, And Location

There will be a dinner organizational meeting on September 7, 2006 at 7:30 P.M. at "Fridays" restaurant in Burlington, NJ. Please refer to my prior post in this thread for directions to this restaurant.

Everyone is welcome, individual dinner costs will be the responsibility of those in attendance. The purpose of the meeting is to formulate goals, events, and interests of the NJ/PA/NY regional APUG members. The scope of this APUG chapter will encompass all formats and film mediums: with the emphasis on having fun, learning from one another, and perpetuating the experiences of making traditional film images while incorporating the advances in technology.

Robert J. Triffin
    Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauvius
    There will be a dinner organizational meeting on September 7, 2006 at 7:30 P.M. at "Fridays" restaurant in Burlington, NJ. Please refer to my prior post in this thread for directions to this restaurant.

Everyone is welcome, individual dinner costs will be the responsibility of those in attendance. The purpose of the meeting is to formulate goals, events, and interests of the NJ/PA/NY regional APUG members. The scope of this APUG chapter will encompass all formats and film mediums: with the emphasis on having fun, learning from one another, and perpetuating the experiences of making traditional film images while incorporating the advances in technology.

Robert J. Triffin
    Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

This should be a good opportunity for anyone who is interested in having an active photography program close by. I would encourage anyone who is interested, no matter where you live, to attend this organizational meeting. If you have any ideas, please write them down on a list and bring that list with you.

Robert, are there any good photo ops close by if we want to do some shooting before the meeting?

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Within a (10) minute drive from TGIF Friday's restaurant, there is the old Burlington County Jail right on Route 541 in the center of Mt. Holly, NJ. This old building, which is on the National Registery of Historic Buildings, is open to the public and offers great photo opportunities.

In addition, the Pemberington Railroad Museum is aproximately (15) minutes from Mt. Holly.

So, - if the weather permits - we could make an afternoon trip to Mt. Holly and then, meet for dinner at Fridays.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Within a (10) minute drive from TGIF Friday's restaurant, there is the old Burlington County Jail right on Route 541 in the center of Mt. Holly, NJ. This old building, which is on the National Registery of Historic Buildings, is open to the public and offers great photo opportunities.

In addition, the Pemberington Railroad Museum is aproximately (15) minutes from Mt. Holly.

So, - if the weather permits - we could make an afternoon trip to Mt. Holly and then, meet for dinner at Fridays.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM
    Robert,

Right next to the Jail is the Old Burlington County Court House which is rather nice building also. Mount Holly also has a one room school house on Brenard St. (about two blocks from the jail). I believe its next to the Baptist Church around the corner from the Friends Meeting House on the corner of High & Garden Streets. You can see the meeting house from the jail and you the meeting house and Baptist Church's back lots back up to each other.

In addition Mt. Holly has a former railroad station built in 1867 (now a restaurant) on Madison Ave. The old Three Tons Tavern (now Mill St. Tavern) which is supposed to date back to revolutionary times.

And don't forget the Smithville and the Smithville Mansion while your through the area. It's the next town east of Mount Holly. The Mansion is a museum and might still have office space for the Burlington County Cultural & Heritage Commission. They have been working on what used to be the workers houses for the bicycle factory. The factory remains are down near the lake but are fenced off. There are a number of the other buildings on the grounds. There was a bicycle railway built between Mt. Holly and Smithville back around the turn of the last century to get the workers from Mount Holly out to the Bicycle Factory, but there isn't any remains of that left today.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM
    The ideas are stating to come in. Awesome! I like the idea of making this an afternoon or even an all day photography excursion. And a good dinner with discussion to finish it off...

I would like to know who will be available for photography and/or the dinner meeting on Thursday, 7 September. Please e-mail or PM me so I can start getting a head count.

Thanks,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agenda for photo shoot and organizational meeting - Thursday, 7 September

Greetings...
    Here is our proposed agenda for Thursday. Please understand that this is not etched in stone and we can make changes as needed or desired.

1:30 meet at the North Pemberton railroad museum and photograph there for awhile (info at http://www.pembertontwp.com/North_...on_Station.html).
    3:00 Move on to Mt. Holly for more photography there (check some of Flauvius's posts for additional information. He seems to know this area better than most.) Photograph here until 5-5:30 or so.
    5:00 Move on to any other site that we might know about for a little more photography. Let's see what suggestions we get.
    7:30 Meet at TGIF for dinner and an informal meeting. Come with a list (written) of ideas you would like to propose or have the group consider.
    9:30 Adios.

Let me know what you think. Four photographers have said that they will attend. Anyone else? Please let me know.

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin