Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,006   Online: 760

Shooter
    Multi Format

NJ APUG Shoot For Mid-October

OK folks, it's time to get together again. How does Thursday, 20 October sound for a NJ location shoot? We have a few options this time:
    1) return to the Burlington County Jail in Mt. Holly where we were last month. I don't think any of us exhausted all the possibilities there are there. The girl who is in charge was very friendly and receptive to having us there last time. If we do go back, I would suggest meeting there at 10 a.m. and spending the day there.
    2) Milford, Hunterdon County, NJ. There is an old paper mill complex, quite large, that will disappear within the next two years. Great for all formats.
    3) Fall foliage here in Hunterdon County. The colors are gorgeous. I photographed some with 35mm color today and it only has to get better in 4-6 days. I can act as guide and we can caravan all over the county. If we pass this one up, we have to wait a year to do it again.
    4) Finesville, NJ on the banks of the Muscenetcong (I know I mispelled this one) River in Warren County, not too far from my studio, Riegelsville, PA, and Phillipsburg, NJ. This is a 19th Century village that has not changed much over 150 years.

What's the preference here? Want to combine two locations? - we can. But, whatever we decide, let's do it.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    James,

I will be able to join on Friday, 21 October instead. Fridays is generally easier for me. Any of the locations would be great. Combining two would work too. Thanks for organizing.

John Chee

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    James,

The Jail is having haunted house tours for kids until the end of the month. Not sure what that might mean in decorations inside.

Holloween is big here in Mt. Holly, just had the "Whiches Ball" last night.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John and George.

John, Friday is the 20th. I had the day/date combo incorrect on my posting. Sorry... I don't know if that makes a difference for you or not. Certainly, if anyone wants to get together on Friday and go somewhere, that would be great. The more activities, the merrier. Unfortunately, I am leaving on a photo assignment to the Carribbean the following day and will need Friday to finish packing.

George, if you finf out more about this, please share. There might be other good locations in Mt. Holly to photograph too if the jail is unacceptable. A local photographer might be able to help here. Howard Dvorin - any ideas?

Robeert Triffen has returned from his excursion to Europe and has some ideas to consider too. Maybe a later date might be better with sufficient notice.

Anyhow, let me know if anyone is interested for anything Thursday.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No interest...

OK. Interested parties will have top let me know what, when, and where for our next get together. If there's no interest, I'll still be out photographing. Just let me know so you can join me. You won't get any great photos from the easy chair.

I will be gone from 21 October through 3 November. I hope to be at the Javitz Center on Saturday when I get back.

James

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin