Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,045   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Programs

Shooter
    Multi Format

Summer Programs

Robert Triffen and I met last night to discuss some programs for the summer. One of our projects (and this is open to anyone interested) is to photograph some abandoned New Jersey diners (mentioned in another post) before they are gone forever. There are two within two miles of Raritan Valley Community College where I work two days a week. Both of these diners have great access and should photograph well. Robert has mentioned others along Route 22 in North Plainfield and toward Newark. Route 1 has a few to offer too, from Newark to Princeton to Lawrenceville. We should start compiling a list of them.

We will be attending the Large Format Conference in Louisville, KY and the end of June/beginning of July and will be photographing on the trip out and back. Are any other NJ APUGers going? There is an environmental portraiture workshop before the conference if anyone is interested.

On a personal note: I need extension rails for a Kodak Commercial View 8x10 and a 2D 5x7. Lookingf fdor newer style 5x7 film holders too.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got out today to explore and do a little photography in northern Hunterdon County. I took a few shots with my Hassy at the old Union Twp. Municipal Bldg. in Jutland (finished a roll of EPY120) and took two b&w 5x7's at Spruce Run where I caught some storm clouds moving in. I would guess a few LF shooters could spend a day in this area while those shooiting 35mm and Medium Format could expose a lot of film too. Great locations for mid-week shooting. More than enough to plan an entire day around.
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    James,

For a small lst of NJ Diners you might want to check out:
    http://www.dinercity.com/njDiner/njDiners.html

There is also an old diner in Morrisville just over the Trenton Makes bridge that is a bait shop, http://georgelosse.com/pan-land-01/bait-1-600.htm
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, George, for the list. It is exhaustive and will prove very helpful. Will you be able to join us to photograph a few of these diners?

James

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    James,

I might, it all depends on when you are headed out. There are three in the New Brunswick area that I was looking into, but I haven't scouted them to find out their best light yet.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George, please let me know what you find out. I am certainly willing to come to New Brunswick, as well as Robert Triffen is, to photograph these diners.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi James & George, I live in Long Branch but would like to get involved. Please let me know if you want anyone else. Most of the diners around here have been turned into condos. Thanks
    Cblkdog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There has been no interest in photographing diiners from the general membership. If four of us - George, Robert Triffin, John, and me - want to do this, we should make the arrangements and go. I am all for it.

James

Shooter
    Medium Format

I know this is an old post

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    There has been no interest in photographing diiners from the general membership. If four of us - George, Robert Triffin, John, and me - want to do this, we should make the arrangements and go. I am all for it.

James
    I recently joined the group. However,i have been doing exactly the same thing from about a year ago. I would be thrilled to do this together as well if you are not done with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't photographed a diner in 10 months, but my interest is till there. Because it has been slow in the studio, I have more time this summer to get out. I will be somewhere photographing on Saturday, 9 August, if anyone wants to join me. I also photograph during the week, so let me know what your availability is.

Robert, we have to get together for sure. If not for photography, then for pizza. I will call you.
    Geroge and John, what is your availability?

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin