Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,348   Online: 877

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is disappointing to hear. When I saw his stuff this past summer they were all traditional prints.

Wait a sec, are glicees inkjets? I thought they were wet prints on a Lambda or Lightjet? I'm confused.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, sorry to digress, but what is the Walpack Center? I did a search and it seems to be an abandoned town!? Could you please elaborate?

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay View Post
    John, sorry to digress, but what is the Walpack Center? I did a search and it seems to be an abandoned town!? Could you please elaborate?
    Yes, sanjay, it is very small village that is totally accessible to one's camera. It's one of those places where you can do white on white on old wood till your eyes glaze over. There was, in fact, a film crew setting up a BIG movie camera on a small track to film the church there, perhaps for an 'establishing shot' since there was none of the paraphenalia that accompany actors. And around the bend and down the little road, there's a gorgeous stream with rocks and...well you know....all that stuff that doesn't get included in portraits
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, John! I will make a trip there sometime, hopefully before all the leaves are gone.

Now back to the original topic of discussion... (apologies for the digress).

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I went to the opening and like jovo I was disappointed. Yes 16 prints and 14 of them were inkspurts. Very well done inkspurts but I would never buy one. I had hoped he would teach a course there next summer. I was told he only wanted to do a photoshop class. I said, oh, no thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    ...I was told he only wanted to do a photoshop class. I said, oh, no thank you.
    It's funny you should mention that. When I talked with Clyde at the Williamsburg, VA opening, he said that within the next year or so he plans to release a Photoshop How-To DVD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a shame. We lost another great one to the dark side!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    He showed in Wausau, Wi a couple years ago but the room was so narrow that you could not get farther away than about 4 feet from the prints. It was all wide angle work about 50x60" and it made one dizzy to look at it. His prints need a big room...EC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually he feels that you should stand only a couple of feet away from his large prints. His reasoning is that when you stand that close you feel like you're there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    From what I understand, what happened at Peters Valley was that he wanted to teach a photoshop class because he was doing "something that no one else is". In any case they do not have enough computers to arrange this type class.

As far as his inkjet prints go, I have a Paula Chamlee poster that's just as nice and it only cost $35. I think clicking a mouse should bring down the price. $900 bucks for an inkjet is out of my range. For 450 you could have gotten a Pt/Pd print from Tillman Crane and his book in a special slipcase edition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin