Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,968   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Clyde Butcher show in New Jersey

Peters Valley will be hosting a show of the works of Clyde Butcher September 29 to October 28th. Reception on 9-29 from 4 to 7PM.

Rt. 615 & Kunh Rd.
    Layton, NJ
    973-948-5202

If you have not taken a workshop at Peters Valley you are missing one of the best deals in photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the notice. That's an exhibition I'm gonna be darn sure I get to. Besides, that area is gorgeous at this time of year.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post

If you have not taken a workshop at Peters Valley you are missing one of the best deals in photography.
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post

Besides, that area is gorgeous at this time of year..
    Also very true. And a fabulous place for photography of the landscape and old farm buildings.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw some of his work in Florida. Really amazing work. I'd go if I had time and I was closer to the school.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for posting this. I've been to his Florida gallery and I collect his work. I'm in. - Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I went to see his show at the College of William and Mary a few weeks ago. Very impressive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, a few years ago there was a show of his work at Ursinus College, quite close to me. Definitely a must see.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw his work when it came to Georgia. A good experience, you got a feel for the Florida he saw.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Today's visit

I enjoyed a gorgeous day en route to Peter's Valley this past afternoon. I hiked to a waterfall with just a viewing card and found that I could make some worthwhile exposures there next time. I also visited Buttermilk Falls (just a trickle) and Walpack Center which is visually quite rich. I then took myself to Peter's Valley for the Clyde Butcher show.

Disappointing!! The prints were inkjets (okay...he called them giclees...but, as I said...they were inkjets) however exceptionally well done. The disappointing part was that the images were 'captured' on enormous film negatives but were then scanned and outputted to a digital printer rather than contact printed or enlarged by hand. There were 16 photographs on the walls, but only two were....I assume since there was no other attribution...'real' darkroom prints, and they may well have been on RC paper since they looked that way when viewed to reveal their texture. So I was disappointed that all were not the 'real' thing. Still, the man makes wonderful images of what would easily be cliched, quotidian views when photographed by 'civilians'.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, that's a total opposite of the show down here in Virginia. I don't remember how many prints he hung, but probably 90%+ were wet prints. This gives you a good excuse to make the drive down here to Virginia ;-)

Here's the news release:
    http://www.wm.edu/muscarelle/news_releases.php

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin