Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,669   Online: 884

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Northern NJ film camera clubs

Are there any northern NJ film camera clubs? I have absolutely no interest in evil d*i*g*i*t*a*l & the clubs I have looked into all feature that evil word.

Craig
    digital is only good for computers & telephones NOT for photography & music

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know you can search at the PSA site (I'll find the URL), but I think most camera clubs are digi and film (and some more digi than others). You might be able to find a dedicated film club, but forming one from apug is probably your best bet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Craig,

I know essex county has one...they meet in caldwell i think.

http://www.essexphotoclub.org/

Never been to a meeting, so I can say if they are into film or not.

Kvein

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Craig,

If you find one - you should certainly post the info here.

I think there are two reasons why it will be difficult to find a "film club".

Firstly, most existing photo clubs have probably incorporated digi shooters over time and, indeed, may now be dominated by such.

Secondly, the web here by which we are communicating has devastated all kinds of "meet and greet in the flesh" shared interest clubs.

Heck, consider that when you can come on-line here and "talk" film photography with folk all over the world from the warm cocoon of your own home - why go out and actually meet people? I'm speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek on this - but, sadly, there's a lot of truth in what I'm saying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The clubs that I have seen push too much digital & the only thing I like about digital is that it drove down the price of film equipment. But it would be nice to go out shooting with other like minded film people.

Craig
    digital is only good for computers & telephones NOT for photography & music

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    The clubs that I have seen push too much digital & the only thing I like about digital is that it drove down the price of film equipment. But it would be nice to go out shooting with other like minded film people.

Craig
    Craig,

On the "bright side" warmer weather is destined to visit us here in the NY/NJ area soon.

If you want to organize some shoots - let us know when and where.

There's a Geographical section here and you could also cross-post to some other fora.

I agree it's getting to about time we shake off the winter cobwebs and start getting back out there. But while I'd like to participate, I'm not in a position to arrange them.

Let us know what you can come up with.

George

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Craig, where in NJ are you? I'm in Long Branch on the beach and would be interested in getting together.
    Cblkdog

Shooter
    35mm
    Northern Jersey needs such a club. I'm in Eastern Bergen county. Let me know if you find anything out.

-R

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RJMLuke View Post
    Northern Jersey needs such a club. I'm in Eastern Bergen county. Let me know if you find anything out.

-R
    I'm in Bergen also. Any interest in a North Jersey meet-up type thing? A MF/LF hike up to the castle in Ringwood might be fun (you can bring whatever camera you want)

I'm trying to drum up interest for an informal Governors Island (NY Harbor) walking tour for this Sunday (June 8, 2008 - yes, I know it's short notice but I'm going to be there anyway so if anyone else wants to join in I'll put on my tour guide hat)

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not as far north in NJ as I used to be. When I lived in Teaneck there was a camera club of some kind. I recently went to the Botanical Gardens Of NJ. Is that the castle in Ringwood you are referring to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin