Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,511   Posts: 1,543,571   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone familiar with camera show in Wayne, NJ?

Hi everyone,

Is anyone familiar with the "Second Sunday Camera Show" held in Wayne, NJ (near the Route 80/23 interchange)? If so, what can one expect to find in terms of quality used medium format cameras and lenses? Is it hit or miss, or can one typically/routinely find quality gear? Any experiences? I've attached a link to them, below.

Thanks much, in advance.

Andrew

http://www.showsandexpos.com/cswayne.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good question, I'd like to know as well.
    Thx
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

As would I.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I work 5 minutes away (and don't live that much farther) so I've gone a couple of times. I've been less than impressed. There are a couple of sellers with good quality stuff (although pricy, perhaps) and there's a fair amount of junk. It's also not that large - don't expect something like one of the shows at the convention center in Edison. Some of the sellers are also on ebay - Fredak Furnari comes to mind.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

show

I've been to the show several times...you never know what you might find... there was a very good filter guy there...scored an 8x10 camera once...just go and find out..
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I live about a half hour from there and would certainly be interested in checking it out. There's surely not much else going in photo-wise in North Jersey.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    35mm
    I have gone there and have gotten deals. You just have to look as someone mentioned. It is small because of digital. Many years ago when digital was non-existent, it was huge. Two rooms full of vendors.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For anyone interested, I just got an e-mail from KEH syaing they would be buying (but not selling) at the November 8 show from 9-2.

I probably won't go - I find they don't pay particularly well, and, besides, de-accession isn't in my vocabulary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been to several camera shows in near Washington D.C. years ago. It is usually good. But it could be hit and miss depended on what your looking for.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm

Second Sunday Camera Show

Dealers change from month to month with the majority attending every month. If they don't have what you're looking for with them at the show many times they might have it. If not, perhaps they might be a good resource for finding items. It really depends on what the dealers decide to bring with them. Many people have found treasures, other not. Some digital is starting to show up also.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin