Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,922   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone know of any Flea Markets for film cameras & film memorabilia?

Anyone know of any Flea Markets for film cameras & film memorabilia? I'd like to expand collection. I know Englishtown, anyone have any other suggestions?
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They usually have a booth at most larger shows up & down the east coast and send out an email reminder.

These are mostly larger shows so don't know if there will be bargains like the flea markets of yore.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And there's the Wayne NJ show but no bargains to be had there.
    Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photorama

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There used to be someone at the Englishtown Auction, I think he was in the yellow building.
    If you find him, would you let me know. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last time that I was at the Englishtown Flea Market was a little over a year ago and I remember seeing a gentleman in one of the buildings who had a section of just photography related items. It may have been the yellow building but I can't say I remember for certain. I have bought a couple things from him, like a brick of fresh tri-x and a couple of cheap filters to experiment with.

He had a bunch of stuff and a lot of it looked like it was placed in the space with a half-effort so it was hard to tell everything that was there. I do not remember seeing any cameras or lenses except for maybe a couple third party lenses and a Sears 35mm slr. He had a Beseler 23, a bunch of tripods, various older never ready cases and pouch cases, a bunch filters and even some books if I remember correctly. There was also other things there at the time but I don't remember them with any certainty.
    Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to live in Englishtown (the town, not the flea market). It has probably been almost a year since I have been there as well. There is a guy in there named Walt if I remember correctly who has a shop. He's a real friendly guy but the shop is just piled with stuff. I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough if you dig through the piles, if he even lets you. I did get a Majestic tripod with a gearhead for a good price although admittedly it's quite beat up. No idea what he has around these days but if you're in the area on a weekend it's worth a stop. The hot peanut guy outside is also worth a visit on a cold day!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, there is also a guy 20 minutes down the road from E-town in the Collingwood auction in Wall Twp. NJ. I've talked to him once or twice and honestly I think he's nuts with prices. I was looking for a TC-14b a while back and although he didn't have one, nor did he know what it was, he assured me that it would be expensive, perhaps $400-$500 because it's "rare" and used on the super-tele lenses. When I mentioned that they go for $99-$150 online he told me that Ebay doesn't set prices. I asked him what would his worth three times as much he did not have much else to say.

Not really sure who he is selling too but I grew up a mile down the road from there and he has been there as long as I can remember.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you're up for a trip to Toronto, the spring PHSC fair in May is usually busy:

http://phsc.ca/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Walt. Yea, I think that was his name and you are correct about things just piled in there. He is the only person there, at least from what I remember, that had only strictly camera equipment. Not much camera equipment through the rest of the flea market.
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin