Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,864   Online: 1177

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only two weeks to go for the The Monthly Shooting Assignment: Traffic, (on the land, the water and in the air.) Take your chance and upload your image!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One week to go for the The Monthly Shooting Assignment: Traffic, (on the land, the water and in the air.) There are a lot very good pictures already, thanks!

btw: I have asked the MSA owner and Seans to un-stick the now useless sticky-note sept-okt 2011 for 3 times about 7 weeks ago, but no any reaction. Should I maybe use smoke signals ore is there another solution?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regarding the un-stick, I have made the same request about two weeks ago. I guess Sean is busy fixing corrupt databases and/or preventing corrupt databases in the future, but I hope the message will be read eventually.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We've seen very good work this MSA feb/march 2012. Thanks all! For me the image with the best idea, creativity and quality came from SLY, congratulations!! You may think about the MSA juli/august 2012 and thanks again.
    So Noons, your turn for May/June 2012, good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was March/April 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    We've seen very good work this MSA feb/march 2012. Thanks all! For me the image with the best idea, creativity and quality came from SLY, congratulations!! You may think about the MSA juli/august 2012 and thanks again.
    So Noons, your turn for May/June 2012, good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, Sly! Well deserved, great work.
    Been very busy at work, hence the delay.
    Will post the May-June assignment later today.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Betus and Noons.
    I'd like to open a discussion about getting more interest and participation in the MSA. I've always enjoyed it. It makes me consider photo opportunities I might have missed. Stretches me a bit.
    We are a very small group, those of us who regularly participate. How can we get the number of participants back up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried it twice. Once as a new contributor. Once choosing a monthly theme. I picked an abstract theme that asked people to stretch. Could have been interpreted across the spectrum from positive to negative. But I may have made a mistake in choosing to initially prime the pump with an image from the darker side in an attempt to get people to think outside of their comfort zones. And that may have actually happened, but in ways I had not anticipated.

I politely stayed away after that...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tried the MSA a few times now, and I really think it's a good idea, unfortunately I don't always have the time to go out and shoot something related to the theme within the time frame. I'm not sure exactly how we could get more participation in the MSA, but I know that personally, I will try to be more involved in the upcoming themes.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, don't stay away. Not a problem if once folks don't respond the way you expected. Not an issue at all.
    We aren't all equal, and it's as valid to disagree as it is to agree. My $0.02, anyway.

As for increased participation:

I wish I had great ideas. But I've long ago learned that folks are what they are.
    With the world being the fleeting short term thing it is nowadays, I can understand many not having the time to put in something within the MSA timeframe.
    On the other hand, increasing the timeframe will not improve the variety, and that will for sure kill it.

Maybe have more than one subject for each assignment? That will make things flexible for all and easier to enter.
    As well, open up for older images. It's not always possible to go out and shoot a particular subject in a timeframe.

More than one assignment theme for each MSA would perhaps make it easier to find a match?

Just an idea. What say you?
    Last edited by nsouto; 05-04-2012 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin