MSA July/August 2012: "Between Sharp and Unsharp"
Thanks Noons, and I'll try again!
Two months earlier than usual, here is my new topic. "Between Sharp and Unsharp".
For example: movements, moved water or clouds, shots in haze and mist, long-time exposures in the dusk or dark, moved speedshots, selective sharpness, moved camera, etc.
So anything with a sharp and an unsharp or blurred area.
A tripod is often very useful in this type of photography.
I will show some examples later.
For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA : (copy)
1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in the next two months.
5. How to upload: the same as in the standard gallery, press upload, then push on the "Categorie", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asignment, it’s placed under the "Member organized functions" and enter the rest, thats it. If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the galleries so subscribe first.
Last edited by Bertus; 07-04-2012 at 10:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
Example between sharp and unsharp: selective sharpness and near and far.
Last edited by Bertus; 07-04-2012 at 03:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Good start Andrew! I hope to see more, thanks!
Two from my very recent trip to Thailand:
Scales on a dragon guarding a temple:
Nikon F4 with a 55mm macro lens
My friend and I hanging out of the side of a taxi-truck while racing around the island of Ko Chiang:
Nikon F4 with a 24mm lens
Awesome theme! Thanks, going to get cracking on this one!
Noons (Nuno Souto)
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Exactly what we want!
Originally Posted by Kav
Between sharp and unsharp: distance
I've shoot this today at home with the lens diaphragm wide open and available light. cambo 120 mm, F8 - 1/2 sec. Ilford FP4 + HC110
Last edited by Bertus; 07-05-2012 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Between sharp and unsharp: Fading shadow
Fading shadow, sharp to unsharp.
I am exercising with eggs and fading shadows. This is daylight, scan for now.
Cambo and 210 mm, Ilford MG neg.
Last edited by Bertus; 07-11-2012 at 12:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Between unsharp and sharp in my case, a matter of perspective: Serendipity
Taken July 3rd, a most serendipitous event: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...ges#post216740
Eirik (aka Ezzie)
DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s
My APUG Gallery
Interesting image Eirik and good idea, thanks for sharing with us!