Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,604   Online: 937

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Today is December 1st. We are at the halfway mark for "Sunrises". Before you get all busy with the holidays, don't forget to grab a few early morning shots of the sun rising. Some wonderful images have been entered already, but I just know there are more out there!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One week left before November/December "Sunrises" Contest ends. If you have something you want to enter, please do!

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

As I was driving into work I knew this going to be a grand sunrise. So ran into the shop, grabbed my camera and shot this:

Nikon F4
    50mm f1.4 (I think)
    Kodak Ektar 100
    Edwards Air Force Base

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very nice, Kav. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Decided to participate! And here we have it, shot on Lomography CN200 Tiger film, using a Pentax Auto 110 with a Pentax-110 50mm 1:2.8

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

Nice for a 110!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a few more up in the gallery. Still one roll of Provia 400X to scan this weekend.
    There should be one or two shots in that series worth popping up.
    Finally sorted out the exposure problems with the 645 ProTL! It was very simple: I installed a Beattie Intenscreen.
    And totally forgot to compensate for the much increased light through it into the prism meter system!
    Added +1.5 to the meter and it stopped under-exposing everything!
    Took me a few tries with the Pentax spot meter and the prism meter, doing A-B comparisons, until it finally clicked!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Decided to participate! And here we have it, shot on Lomography CN200 Tiger film, using a Pentax Auto 110 with a Pentax-110 50mm 1:2.8

Glad you decided to come on board Axle! Very dramatic sunrise!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

SUNRISES

First, a very happy, healthy New Year to my fellow MSA members. May 2013 treat you all with kindness and compassion.
    Now to the task at hand; selection of the winner of the Sunrises competition.
    As I predicted, there were many worthy entries and picking only one was difficult. We had Bertus, who entered 5 images, both stunning color and outstanding B&W, adelorenzo gave us Purple Sunrise over Grey Mountain, a very intense rendering of the topic. These were followed by Mopar Guy's most elegant B&W November Sunrise, Stone NYC's Sunset (could have fooled me!) and Jim17x "A not so pretty sunrise" which was actually a quite dramatic interpretation of the topic.
    Rounding out the entries were Kav and Axle, both with dazzling color portrayals. Lastly, Nsouto added an impressive six (!) submissions and it was here I found my winner. I believe "God's Fingers" to be a truly beautiful image, captured at just the right moment. The tree branch in the foreground gives depth and drama to a breathtaking sea and clouds photo. I wish I could have actually been there to view this outstanding sunrise, but will have to settle for this amazing print.
    So Noons, the torch is passed to your capable hands, and we will await your choice for the first two months of 2013! I'm sure it will be both challenging and fun!
    Great thanks to all who participated.
    Sincerely,
    barbara ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PS Hope I didn't miss anyone. It was a little confusing switching between images posted in the thread and those in the gallery!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin