Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,752   Online: 902
      
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    barbara ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kenilworth NJ USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    276
    Images
    132

    Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

    Dear Fellow MSA members,
    Well, this has been a week to remember here on the East Coast. Although my town and myself emerged relatively unscathed from Hurricane Sandy, most people were not so lucky.
    The newspapers and TV channels (when I finally was able to access them) were filled with the most horrible images of devastation. I freely admit I wept at the horror of it all.
    But we must move on, thanks to folks like Kav, clean up and rebuild. With that in mind, the most symbolic of the dawning of a new day is a Sunrise!
    So help me erase the pictures of destruction from my eyes and give me instead photos of the most beautiful sunrises you can find!
    Color or B&W. Just show me the sun lifting up into the sky, bringing with it hope and courage that things will return to normal, no matter how long it takes.
    Topic for November/December: Sunrises

    Best to all,
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

  2. #2
    adelorenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    494

    Purple sunrise over Grey Mountain by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

    This is timely as I just scanned this frame a couple of days ago, although it was taken back in February or March IIRC.

    Fuji Provia 100
    Pentax 645N 75mm F11 1/15 (used gorillapod)

  3. #3
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,106
    Images
    210

    Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

    I don't have any non-digital sunrises on hand


    ~Stone

    The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #4
    sly
    sly is offline
    sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nanaimo
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,300
    Images
    200
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months. Hope it's OK if I tweak this a bit to "Dawn". That early crepuscular light can be well worth getting up for.

    Glad you are unscathed Barbara Ann. Hope those who had their lives blown and washed away get all the help they need to re-build.

  5. #5
    barbara ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kenilworth NJ USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    276
    Images
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months. Hope it's OK if I tweak this a bit to "Dawn". That early crepuscular light can be well worth getting up for.

    Glad you are unscathed Barbara Ann. Hope those who had their lives blown and washed away get all the help they need to re-build.
    Thanks for the good wishes, Sly. By all means, "dawn" is well within the parameters of the topic. Look forward to your always interesting images!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

  6. #6
    barbara ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kenilworth NJ USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    276
    Images
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't have any non-digital sunrises on hand


    ~Stone

    The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, you've got two whole months to shoot some with film! Go for it!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

  7. #7
    barbara ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kenilworth NJ USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    276
    Images
    132
    "Purple Sunrise over Grey Mountain" by Anthony DeLorenzo is a fine start to this assignment. I'm sure there will be more to come from other MSA shooters.
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, the state
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,065
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months.
    Ha ha. Those are exactly my thoughts. I will keep a watch on the weather forecast and keep a camera loaded.
    Dave

    "She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

    It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

    From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

  9. #9
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    11,566
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post

    Purple sunrise over Grey Mountain by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

    This is timely as I just scanned this frame a couple of days ago, although it was taken back in February or March IIRC.

    Fuji Provia 100
    Pentax 645N 75mm F11 1/15 (used gorillapod)
    Technically, I think this fine image is outside the rules, because IIRC the shot needs to be taken during the appropriate time period.

    But I'm certainly not complaining.
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  10. #10
    adelorenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Technically, I think this fine image is outside the rules, because IIRC the shot needs to be taken during the appropriate time period.

    But I'm certainly not complaining.
    Whoops, sorry about that. I tried to look for some rules but couldn't see anything... And it is a 'new' image for me not just one I shot.

    I'm sure I'll be able to shoot another in the coming months to replace it... With the sun rising at 10:00 am there is no need to get up early.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin