Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,752   Online: 902

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

Dear Fellow MSA members,
    Well, this has been a week to remember here on the East Coast. Although my town and myself emerged relatively unscathed from Hurricane Sandy, most people were not so lucky.
    The newspapers and TV channels (when I finally was able to access them) were filled with the most horrible images of devastation. I freely admit I wept at the horror of it all.
    But we must move on, thanks to folks like Kav, clean up and rebuild. With that in mind, the most symbolic of the dawning of a new day is a Sunrise!
    So help me erase the pictures of destruction from my eyes and give me instead photos of the most beautiful sunrises you can find!
    Color or B&W. Just show me the sun lifting up into the sky, bringing with it hope and courage that things will return to normal, no matter how long it takes.
    Topic for November/December: Sunrises

Best to all,
    barbara ann
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Medium Format

Purple sunrise over Grey Mountain by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

This is timely as I just scanned this frame a couple of days ago, although it was taken back in February or March IIRC.

Fuji Provia 100
    Pentax 645N 75mm F11 1/15 (used gorillapod)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: November/December 2012 "SUNRISES"

I don't have any non-digital sunrises on hand

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months. Hope it's OK if I tweak this a bit to "Dawn". That early crepuscular light can be well worth getting up for.

Glad you are unscathed Barbara Ann. Hope those who had their lives blown and washed away get all the help they need to re-build.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months. Hope it's OK if I tweak this a bit to "Dawn". That early crepuscular light can be well worth getting up for.

Glad you are unscathed Barbara Ann. Hope those who had their lives blown and washed away get all the help they need to re-build.
    Thanks for the good wishes, Sly. By all means, "dawn" is well within the parameters of the topic. Look forward to your always interesting images!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't have any non-digital sunrises on hand

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, you've got two whole months to shoot some with film! Go for it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Purple Sunrise over Grey Mountain" by Anthony DeLorenzo is a fine start to this assignment. I'm sure there will be more to come from other MSA shooters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This time of year, this part of the world, it's possible there could be no sunrises any time soon. We're into the gray and rainy months.
    Ha ha. Those are exactly my thoughts. I will keep a watch on the weather forecast and keep a camera loaded.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post

Purple sunrise over Grey Mountain by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

This is timely as I just scanned this frame a couple of days ago, although it was taken back in February or March IIRC.

Fuji Provia 100
    Pentax 645N 75mm F11 1/15 (used gorillapod)
    Technically, I think this fine image is outside the rules, because IIRC the shot needs to be taken during the appropriate time period.

But I'm certainly not complaining.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Technically, I think this fine image is outside the rules, because IIRC the shot needs to be taken during the appropriate time period.

But I'm certainly not complaining.
    Whoops, sorry about that. I tried to look for some rules but couldn't see anything... And it is a 'new' image for me not just one I shot.

I'm sure I'll be able to shoot another in the coming months to replace it... With the sun rising at 10:00 am there is no need to get up early.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin