Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,470   Online: 918

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: January/February 2013 "Unusual Shapes"

Hi folks. Profuse apologies for the delay in getting this one going.
    As a meek excuse: the festive season has been absolutely hectic and I've had very little sleep in the last week or so.

It's always a bit of a stretch with me to come up with a theme for our usual assignments.
    Mostly because the folks in the Northern hemisphere are in a season that is completely opposite ours.

All sunny and warm here, while it's freezing cold for the Northerners. Makes it hard to pick a subject that is not affected by the "climate change"!
    (sorry, couldn't stop myself!)

Anyways, here goes: "Unusual Shapes".

It should be ideal for the B&W aficionados, as well as leaving it wide open for the colour heads(!).
    And the subjects can be found outdoors, indoors. Or just about anywhere!

So, go for it folks! Surprise us all with your "eye" for the unusual, weird object, shade, contour or silhouette.

That sort of thing. Make it really unusual: don't just grab the first "S" you see - go for a full word!

Can the forum owner please make it sticky for the period? I've got no clue how to do it.

I'll be posting a couple to get everyone in the mood and then will sit back and watch the proceedings!

Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, my thinking cap is on, both cameras loaded. One with B&W, the other with color. This will definitely have to be an indoor shoot as it is freezing here. We shall see what "develops" ! LOL
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting subject. Hopefully I'll find something worthwhile to enter this round.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can I post something I have already shot? I have an unusual shape you might all recognize

No seriously not what you are probably thinking based on that sentence structure... But does it have to be new?

Also, can we submit more than one?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

sticky guidelines

[Here you can find it in the sticky guidelines: (thread 4th nov 2012) And if you have more than one: yes post it, welcom and Good Luck!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum195/...uidelines.html

QUOTE=StoneNYC;1442387]Can I post something I have already shot? I have an unusual shape you might all recognize

No seriously not what you are probably thinking based on that sentence structure... But does it have to be new?

Also, can we submit more than one?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Bertus; 01-05-2013 at 03:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, by all means. We try to go for new shots.
    But if you have one already in stock that is appropriate, then go for it.
    And add more taken now!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Great! So I read about the "monthly shooting assignment" upload as a subscriber, but it doesn't say what I'm supposed to do to show the image here, so I'll attempt a link.

I'll try and shoot something new, but in the mean time... no one can argue that the Experience Music Project in Seattle Washington is most certainly an unusual shape... I only have one image scanned and I'm leaving for a trip so not much time, I'll upload the one I have

Please feel free to use the link and comment on the image (I like comments good or bad) even if you can see the image below it's good to have some response under the image in my gallery too

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...?i=70239&c=508

I think the link works... not sure ... ugh... here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K64-Epson-SeattleExperienceMP.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	554.5 KB 
ID:	62169

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Unusual shapes

I have some uploads to the MSA unusual shapes, but I am not sure if this fits in this topic, I only found them a little strange.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    I have some uploads to the MSA unusual shapes, but I am not sure if this fits in this topic, I only found them a little strange.
    Give it a try, can't hurt

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is my first submission to the MSA. This is a tree I came upon on a walk in a local park. I'm calling it Old Man Willow. Although its not a willow tree, it looks a lot how Tolkien describes the roots of the great tree that swallows up the hobbits in Bombadil's Forest.

I finished the print on this picture a few days ago and scanned it in. Basically a straight scan other than getting the levels correct and applying Unsharp Masking in Photoshop. I still have a bit of work with getting the sky burned in better, but I'm fairly pleased so far. Hope you enjoy.

Nikon F2/HP5+
    Printed 8X10 on Ilford Multigrade RC

Old Man Willow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin