Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,283   Online: 917

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd suggest you contact the moderators and ask them to at least close this thread if not delete it.

At the very least, you need to have the thread title changed.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stone, this one is right up my alley. I love doing these kinds of nudes. Only problem is I have never entered the contest, so I don't know how or what to do to enlist. Don

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: March/April 2013 "B&W Nudes & Bodyscapes"

Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Stone, this one is right up my alley. I love doing these kinds of nudes. Only problem is I have never entered the contest, so I don't know how or what to do to enlist. Don
    Here's the FAQ

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum195/111897-monthly-shooting-assignment-guidelines.html

Enter away

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I'll probably have a hard time with this one, but I'll give it my best! I doubt my wife would let me be in the same building with her if I had a camera while she was naked! Even something meant to be artistic. One question, does the subject have to be fully nude? Meaning can what shows up in the frame show any clothing? I understand you could easily portray the IDEA/illusion of being fully nude by creative angles, cropping or perspective.

Too bad its not summer and I don't still live on the beach. That would make this much easier.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    Well, I'll probably have a hard time with this one, but I'll give it my best! I doubt my wife would let me be in the same building with her if I had a camera while she was naked! Even something meant to be artistic. One question, does the subject have to be fully nude? Meaning can what shows up in the frame show any clothing? I understand you could easily portray the IDEA/illusion of being fully nude by creative angles, cropping or perspective.

Too bad its not summer and I don't still live on the beach. That would make this much easier.
    The theme (under duress) has been change to "skin" make of that what you will.

No parts need to be seen, as I said, even a naked elbow would count.... (I swear if I get lots of elbow submissions...Haha).

The point was to INCLUDE everyone not disclude them... I will accept all and take the one that appeals to me as visually appealing, this doesn't mean I want to see sexy girls or boys, I want something interesting, fantastic light and all the things that make images pop

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I chose this because we are all people, if you don't have any nude work at all, you can set up a tripod and a timer/cable and shoot yourself, again, full nudes not required, so don't be so shy no excuses!!
    As the vast majority of nudes published on this site are female, wouldn't any male self portrait entries be at a disadvantage?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dbuchheit View Post
    As the vast majority of nudes published on this site are female, wouldn't any male self portrait entries be at a disadvantage?
    Depends if I like men it women
    Haha

But seriously NO, it's about the SHOT not the model, I care more about technique, lighting, pose, environment, etc than about what's between the legs.

I shoot both if its any comfort.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone: I'd love to enter. Can I borrow your models?
    Alan.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Stone: I'd love to enter. Can I borrow your models?
    Alan.
    Sure

Come to CT

Or shoot yourself I welcome all shapes and sizes and age brackets.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting subject. I think we need a bit of a challenge, so it's a welcome change.

Let me see, you said nudes & bodyscapes, b&w, then skin. Not an issue, but I'm thinking:
    nowhere did you say it had to be "human"?

Therefore, the field is open to wide interpretation. And interpretation is a big part of what we do here!
    Gonna think this one over and crank up the ZI with my preferred B&W film!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin