Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,096   Online: 867

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment: May/June 2013: Round and Round

Hi MSA contributors,

I’ve been trying to come up with a theme that is open enough that lots of people can join in on the fun. I’ve decided on “Round and Round”. Circular objects, things housed in circles, things that travel in circles, spheres, ovoids, whatever. Open to your interpretation, but I’ll guarantee that anyone who travels to the international space station in the next few weeks and shoots the earth will win this round by default.

From the sticky:

MSA Guidelines
    For first-timers, the following summary of standard procedures should help (I am indebted to Ken Nadvornick for putting most of this together, and not objecting when I proposed to re-use [aka “borrow”] it):

(1) Take note of the MSA assignment, which you will find inserted into the title of the thread.

(2) Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.

(3) You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in the thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message in the thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.

(4) It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a “winner”, and the photographer associated with the "winner" will have the opportunity to choose a theme for the MSA in a couple of months time, and then choose the “winner” from the submissions.

Additional hints about uploading your photographs...

(5) How to upload if you are an APUG subscriber: As a subscriber you can upload to the APUG galleries. You perform the upload in the same way you would upload to the standard gallery, except you press the "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Assignment, that’s it.

(6) How to upload if you are NOT an APUG subscriber: If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the APUG galleries. Instead, you'll need to attach your image to a post in this thread. Of course, it is a much better idea to subscribe instead.

(7) (For subscribers only) If you start out by uploading to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery, the system won't give you the chance to fill in the data fields that all the other galleries offer - i.e. to list the film and developer, location, and the other suggested information. If you like to list that information, just upload the photograph to a standard gallery, and then "edit" the upload. During the edit, you can change the gallery it is stored in - in this case to the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

8) Most importantly, have fun!

- ignatiu5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ignatiu5:

Great idea.

I wonder if Commander Chris Hadfield is an APUG member?

https://twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well he won't have any trouble obtaining darkness if he wants to print up there... I thought shipping costs to Australia were silly but he clearly has it worse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How would developing in a tank go up there? Given what liquids do in 0G, would it be almost like a constant-agitation scheme?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    How would developing in a tank go up there? Given what liquids do in 0G, would it be almost like a constant-agitation scheme?
    True, but Commander Hadfield is literally surrounded by scientists, and there are likely more dust-free clean rooms up there than you can shake a stick at. They should be able to figure something out.

I don’t want to hear any “storage space is at a premium, they wouldn’t let me pack my Jobo” excuses. If he doesn’t submit an analogue image, I’m not accepting his entry. I don’t care if he is from the motherland. Yeah, I'm a hardliner like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good one! Got a few ideas already, lessee what I can scrounge up...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll likely add an image once a week or so as a bump for the MSA of Round and Round. Looking forward to seen peoples' interpretations.
    I did shooting some stuff on the weekend, but this is an older image pulled from my gallery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sagrada_familia-2w.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	68528

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's my try.

Nothing as good as what I've already seen here though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rim.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	68811

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    From my archive. Sorry, we are going out of town and had no time to do something new.

Name:	round sculptures.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	68843

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    From my archive. Sorry, we are going out of town and had no time to do something new.

Name:	round sculptures.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	68843

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    That's awesome!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin