Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,233   Online: 842

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    That was the point - I wanted to push people's comfort zones, make them get out and try something new and different that they may not have ever tried before. I'm more than happy to have a discussion in this thread on HOW to do this if folks want advice or need help. Color actually makes night easier, because color (neg films, anyway) requires less reciprocity compensation. From a meter-indicated 1 second to a meter indicated 30 seconds, add one stop. Longer than 30, add two. Get out there and shoot!

The other option for the thread would have been the other specialty I'm known for, male nudes. But I figured I would have gotten two or three entries, and probably from just one to two people. Especially since it would be asking folks to shoot new images for the assignment. It's tough to coordinate a shoot like that.
    Plus there was enough issue with MY MSA and that was just ANY kind of nude .. hahaha which became "skin" because of all the fuss... I also asked for B&W only and everyone made a hissy fit about that too ... hence my (sarcastic) comment about how we should shoot B&W also...

Anyway, maybe I'll post a male nude night time long exposure... that should get me some points... haha

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Based on the distance of the movement of the stars, I would guess this were more like 40 minutes not 20... are you sure?
    You can only estimate trail length if you know my focal length and the latitude of the stars... And believe me, I was counting every minute there with my arse freezing off.

Anyway, that's not an entry. The normal MSA rules are for new shots only, which makes me a little sad because clearly I won't be going back to Mongolia anytime soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    go out and TAKE NEW IMAGES.
    Well, my shot was taken at the end of June 2013. Should I remove it ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    IGI- keep it for now. I'll count it if you absolutely can't shoot anything else between now and 31 August. But that's 2 months - more than enough time to shoot a whole roll of color film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This isn't eligible because it is 3 1/2 years old, but it may give people ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After the season-2009-09-14-03d.jpg  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like this challenge. I suppose anyone can join in?
    I still have a roll of (very old) Fuji Provia 1600 (@800 ASA) loaded in my Nikon F90x with some frames left.
    I'll bite and use the rest of the frames on this theme (never done this).
    The film will be cross processed in C41 in a local lab later.
    I'll be back (before August, 31st)

BTW: should I worry about reciprocity compensation with this film? Anyone?

BTW2: since I will be out there at night, I'll also make some pinhole shots with my converted Gevabox camera
    loaded with Konica PRO400 roll film. Should be fun.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just wanna show off, I have two increadible panoramics I took in the grand canyon in January this year... but ... can I use the shot I took on July 3rd? even though you didn't tell us till July 5th? haha

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll allow anything after July 1. Close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades and thermonuclear weapons.

I like this challenge. I suppose anyone can join in?
    I still have a roll of (very old) Fuji Provia 1600 (@800 ASA) loaded in my Nikon F90x with some frames left.
    I'll bite and use the rest of the frames on this theme (never done this).
    The film will be cross processed in C41 in a local lab later.
    I'll be back (before August, 31st)

BTW: should I worry about reciprocity compensation with this film? Anyone?

BTW2: since I will be out there at night, I'll also make some pinhole shots with my converted Gevabox camera
    loaded with Konica PRO400 roll film. Should be fun.
    Yes, absolutely anyone and everyone are welcome to join. The more the merrier.

With regards to the film question, especially since you'll be cross-processing it, I would give reciprocity compensation. I don't know what the reciprocity factor is for that film, you'll have to look it up and see what they say. The really high speed films need more reciprocity comp than slow films do, usually. Once you get into hour-plus long exposures, the slow films can actually be faster than fast films because of reciprocity comp.

Anyway, maybe I'll post a male nude night time long exposure... that should get me some points... haha
    Go for it. No problems or complaints here if you want to post something really off-the-wall. Go ahead and do light painting while you're at it! I want people to get CREATIVE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oldie, but I still have a 6x6 Roll Film Velvia. I'm going to do something with this month.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buizen op olieplant-01.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	71216

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    An old image - taken in Sept 2002 in Geneva, on Kodak E100VS, 35mm, Minolta X-700.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Geneva_night01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	71373

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin