Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,155   Online: 789

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    HOLY CRAP this is really good... umm ... I shouldn't even bother submitting now...
    Thanks Stone! I hope you do though!

I was intentionally overdoing the pinhole features... so to me it's almost a caricature of a pinhole photo and a bit gimmicky. Though it was definitely fun to make. Instant film pinhole is very fun.

I've got three other traditional b/w film shots so far to develop and print and if any come out well I'm hoping to submit another MSA.

This has been really fun, it's almost like having a "background theme" for a couple months. I usually have a couple themes running through my photos at any particular time, but this one has been great because it got me out to do something I normally wouldn't try. It has been very interesting to pay attention to the shadows and light in the middle of the day. Also the air looking toward the horizon has a different character at noon and even if I don't catch it for MSA I'll be aware of it from now on.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Yup! Ned's pinhole is incredible. We can all just concede him as the winner, and jostle for second place.

Show us what ya got, Stone!
    Ugh, I wish! Noon is not my friend... haha, that's when I wake up... LOL I am taking my girlfriend and her daughter to the Big E this weekend (a giant New England fair event) so maybe I can snag a shot then, but I doubt I'll be "allowed" to bring along the 4x5... so what's the point... LOL
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone you crack me up. We are almost opposites... I'm usually up before the sun rises, and already tired from working all morning by noon!

Well I've had a setback. I had 4 different noon shots that I was really looking forward to seeing, and I developed my film this morning. They were all shot with a 55mm micro AIS and half way through the roll I noticed the DOF preview was slow to respond. They are all totally blown out. I've had a feeling about this lens for a while but now the blades must be really sticking badly. 5 of the shots were 1/2s exposures with a blue filter at F/22, and the overexposure is so extreme that it bleeds over to other frames... I wonder how open it was for 1/2 second in full sun noon! There are also 5 perfectly exposed frames on the roll from using a different lens, but those were not for high noon MSA. There is only one MSA shot that looks like it might be printable, maybe, with difficulty ( only about 2 or 3 stops overexposed )

I might try again with another lens if I can find time for it. I like the idea I was aiming for.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Stone you crack me up. We are almost opposites... I'm usually up before the sun rises, and already tired from working all morning by noon!

Well I've had a setback. I had 4 different noon shots that I was really looking forward to seeing, and I developed my film this morning. They were all shot with a 55mm micro AIS and half way through the roll I noticed the DOF preview was slow to respond. They are all totally blown out. I've had a feeling about this lens for a while but now the blades must be really sticking badly. 5 of the shots were 1/2s exposures with a blue filter at F/22, and the overexposure is so extreme that it bleeds over to other frames... I wonder how open it was for 1/2 second in full sun noon! There are also 5 perfectly exposed frames on the roll from using a different lens, but those were not for high noon MSA. There is only one MSA shot that looks like it might be printable, maybe, with difficulty ( only about 2 or 3 stops overexposed )

I might try again with another lens if I can find time for it. I like the idea I was aiming for.
    Ha ha, well fortunately today I had to get up early because my girlfriend slept over and she goes off to work very very early so I made it a point to get up and get dressed and be ready and so I'm ready to shoot now I just have to wait another two hours... Lol

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

High Noon - the series: Dogde or Burn!

Well,
    I had a shoot-out at high noon and was able to fire 36 shots before I forgot to dodge the bullets and got burned:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LARGE27.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	74875 Cat nap at High Noon

Name:	LARGE14.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	74876 Escaped by the water at High Noon

(Nikon FM3a with 45 mm f/2.8P pancake lens, Fuji NPS 160 expired)

Side note: almost all images on this roll are effected like this. The lab says its a defect of the film/emulsion itself (the emulsion was sticky and got ripped while winding the film), but I'm not sure it if is a developing defect or not ... all the other films came out all right.
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 09-30-2013 at 05:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another September image for "High Noon".
    2 weeks camping in September, in mostly sunny weather, gave me the chance to work on this, when I wasn't swimming or basking in the sun.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	75234

"Shallow water, Sparkles, Hornby Island"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup! Ned's pinhole is incredible. We can all just concede him as the winner, and jostle for second place.
    Well, we're only a bit over half way through the current MSA period. Plenty of time left! Surely, with all the talent hanging out at this site there must be at least a few others out there who will enter the fray...?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to Bert for being a good sport and sharing his with us even though there was a development problem. I learned something from his example. My lens malfunctioned and the aperture was not closing down all the way... my shots are all very overexposed, but I am printing a few anyway. Noon out on the pasture here:

Name:	shadehere1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	75247
    also a copy in the MSA gallery.
    Have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Shallow water, Sparkles, Hornby Island"
    I like those sparkles... almost a zone plate kind of glow to them. Nice!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

The fastest cat of the west @ High Noon

Since pinhole seems to rule within this assignment - and this role of film did not have developing issues (see my previous post #25) - I like to present my second shot of the fastest cat of the West at High Noon. He can move his head faster than the shutter of my camera.

Name:	Konica_PRO400-cat-3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	668.8 KB 
ID:	75409

camera: old Gevabox converted into a pinhole camera (6x9 cm negative)
    film: Konica PRO 400 (expired)
    shutterspeed: 30 sec.
    developer: C-41 by a professional lab
    scanner: Epson 3200 PHOTO & Silverfast software (no digital rework what so ever though)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin