Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,398   Online: 1106

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

pinhole landscape @ noon

I just scanned this image from a freshly developed roll. An other film I shot with my pinhole camera in the same week as the previous cat images. I had this Monthly Shooting Assignment in my mind when I shot four films with this camera in one week. But it was my holiday so it wasn't too difficult to plan a shooting window at some days at noon, without annoying the family too much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Konica_PRO400-landscape-7.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	578.3 KB 
ID:	75411

I made this image with my pinhole camera from a boat on the water. It was cloudy and a little bit of wind rocked the boat softly.
    I was pleasantly surprised how it turned out. The exposure was 40 seconds so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but is has a nice hint of "Pictorialism". So (somewhat proudly) I would like to enter this image into this Monthly Shooting Assignment Sept/Oct 2013.

camera: old Gevabox converted into a pinhole camera (6x9 cm negative)
    film: Konica PRO 400 roll film (expired)
    exposure: 40 seconds
    developer: C-41 by a professional lab
    scanner: Epson 3200 PHOTO & Silverfast software (no digital rework what so ever though)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Finally shot something!

It was exactly at noon but there were clouds so the light was diffused not harsh... Does this count?

It was on my last (and only ever) ektachrome IR roll...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I just scanned this image from a freshly developed roll....
    Like that one a lot Bert!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Like that one a lot Bert!
    @ Ned:
    Thank you!

@Stone:
    I would say just post it and await Martin's judgment like the rest of us ;-)
    Bert from Holland

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a gorgeous pinhole! Very inspiring!

Look forward to seeing yours, Stone. Nothing in the rules about bright sun!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    That's a gorgeous pinhole! Very inspiring!

Look forward to seeing yours, Stone. Nothing in the rules about bright sun!
    off to the lab tomorrow! (Decided it'll be too long to wait if I do it myself).

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This one was about 1.45 because we had sat down for a picnic on the rocks

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

pinhole landscape @ noon #2

Here is a second pinhole landscape for this assignment. Made with the same camera and film as the previous landscape (= post #31 above) on an other day during my holiday week with even more overcast weather (at about noon). This one is made from the shore of the lake - handheld exposure for 40 seconds.

Name:	Konica_PRO400-1a.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	75628

I like to make handheld images with this camera. It is an old Gevabox camera - the square model:

Name:	Gevabox-camera-01.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	75629

I took (= broke) out the the black focusing ring and the glass lens element and put in a pinhole on the inside of the body.
    It makes 6x9 cm negatives on 120 roll film with a nice focal length. And because of its size & model it is easy to make handheld longtime exposures.
    Sometimes with a nice blur effect, sometimes uncanny sharp. I love pinhole photography.
    For other handheld examples (from Worldwide Pinhole Photography day 2013 - WPPD), see: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl/2013/0...-wppd2013.html (not intended as submission for this assignment, but just for fun and promoting pinholing).

(BTW: Martin said: "please post your entries (one or multiple okay)" but if I post too much in this assignment please let me know. I'm just excited that this assignment made me make some real images again.)
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 10-16-2013 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bert from Holland, multiple entries are definitely okay, as many as you like!

Well, we have had some very interesting submissions! And still 2 weeks to go...

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	75680

One more from me. Taken right at noon, with my a Harman Titan 8x10 pinhole and lith printed on Fomabrom.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin