Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,258   Online: 996

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Adelorenzo,
    What a beautiful image.
    All analogue, LF format, B&W film and an alt-photo print! Even the subject is analogue transport.
    Nice job and very good image.
    This one is on my shortlist!!
    Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Wow some fantastic images in this thread. My favorites so far are the Camaro, the bicyclist in motion and the subway photos. (Sorry I can't remember who posted everything)

Here's my entry for this one:

SS Klondike by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

Toyo 4x5 with Nikkor SW 120
    Ilford FP4+ developed in HC-110
    Cyantype printed on Fabriano postcard paper
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my short list just got longer! Gorgeous cyanotype adelorenzo.

Just one more day to enter an image in the MSA. Your last chance to make my choice more difficult.

It has certainly been a stellar 2 months!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow some fantastic images in this thread. My favorites so far are the Camaro, the bicyclist in motion and the subway photos. (Sorry I can't remember who posted everything)

Here's my entry for this one:

SS Klondike by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

Toyo 4x5 with Nikkor SW 120
    Ilford FP4+ developed in HC-110
    Cyantype printed on Fabriano postcard paper
    Very cool!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Well, my short list just got longer! Gorgeous cyanotype adelorenzo.

Just one more day to enter an image in the MSA. Your last chance to make my choice more difficult.

It has certainly been a stellar 2 months!
    I always miss the end of things, I probably won't get to any of the final stuff that I have that sitting in my fridge right now waiting to be developed haha, such is life. But I'll admit, I can't at all compete with any of the fancier photography imagery like cyanotypes and wet plate work.

My ultimate goal was going to be to take a picture of a birth, being that one of your favorite subjects and also being that the birth canal is... a canal, and therefore in my mind qualifies as a means of transportation... However that baby won't be born till February... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Graphic birth photo deleted.

Like this Stone? That's really pushing the limits of transport.

I'm just going to leave this up until you see it - not really part of the MSA. If you do get to that birth and get any decent shots I'd love to see them, if you have the parents' permission to share. Birth is a tough assignment - harder than weddings, because the photographer can't direct anything.
    Last edited by sly; 12-30-2013 at 12:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My last minute entries for this MSA - Transport: some pinhole images.

I live outside a small town at the "Veluwe" in the middle of The Nertherlands. It's a very large area with fields, woods, heather and small streams. Close to my home there are some planes ruled by nature. There is a small stream called "Egelbeek" (= Hedgehog stream) that originates close by and is needed to transport the rain away. The name of my street is "Waterstreet" so you can imagine why this small stream is very important to us.
    Nature's natural transport of water in this area!!

I like to wander around with my panorama pinhole camera and take images along this small stream. I used a 6x19 cm wooden pinhole camera loaded with expired Fuji RVP 120 roll film (= Velvia 50 ASA slide film). Exposure times about 40 seconds. All images are straight scans without any Photoshop adjustments:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin_6x17_Fuji_RVP-001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	696.1 KB 
ID:	79210

Name:	Pin_6x17_Fuji_RVP-002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	929.1 KB 
ID:	79211

Name:	Pin_6x17_Fuji_RVP-003.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	920.5 KB 
ID:	79212

Bert from Holland
    blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 12-30-2013 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post

Like this Stone? That's really pushing the limits of transport.

I'm just going to leave this up until you see it - not really part of the MSA. If you do get to that birth and get any decent shots I'd love to see them, if you have the parents' permission to share. Birth is a tough assignment - harder than weddings, because the photographer can't direct anything.
    Aww that's beautiful

I have now seen it.

And, I was thinking of not highlighting that so much as finding a way to get a shot where the mothers face pushing would be lighted up in someway but the lower area would be in shadow only sort of hinting at what was happening even if it was obvious so you weren't seeing the direct birth canal itself... Lol

I guess it's pushing it a little bit, but then again I could always just take a picture of the birth canal itself with no baby at all but I don't think that you'd appreciate that as much, though I do have a few of those since I'm working on a macro parts project about helping women feel beautiful "down there" based on how insecure many are about that area, but that isn't often APUG friendly material and also would be out of context if not contained within a complete book of the subject.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toadman! Really! I wasn't seriously asking for more terrific entries! I can see I'll be sleepless New Year's Eve; not because I'm partying, but because I'll be agonizing over picking the best of all these amazing photographs!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bert those are some terrific pinhole images. The colors are amazing.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bert those are some terrific pinhole images. The colors are amazing.
    Thank you, Adelorenzo.
    Pinhole will do that for you. No corrections in the glass what so ever, heck, no glass at all.
    It's a surprise every time how the colours will turn out. I have had good successes before with Fuji film on this account.
    Especially with old expired film, like Velvia, NPC160 and NPH400.
    And a good designed pinhole camera helps as well. I think my best images might be pinhole images.
    I just love shooting pinhole cameras. It helps me focus on the image (in my mind) itself without distractions like choosing equipment, elaborate techniques, menus, view finders, .... Only my own knowledge and experience to trust and to blame.

My motto in photography is a saying by Ansel Adams:

" ... avoiding the common illusion, that creativity depends on equipment alone ... "

(But still I won't give up my Leica M7, Bronica SQ-B, RF-645, not even my Nikon D200. When will I learn from what is right in front of me .....)
    Bert from Holland
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 12-30-2013 at 03:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bert from Holland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin