Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,431   Online: 1006

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Nope, that is the owner of the farm.

As it turns out, he was as effective a model as anyone there that day, including the models that had lots more experience/did paying gigs as well..

I don't think he spent any time with the makeup artist though .
    He did a hell of a job, seriously, and where are the model images??

Also, you did a hell is a job taking his portrait.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    He did a hell of a job, seriously, and where are the model images??

Also, you did a hell is a job taking his portrait.
    Thanks Stone.

I haven't done the necessary work (re-sizing) on most of the shots to use them in APUG .

But see post #178 in this thread for one example with an amateur/part time model.

She and her twin sister are quite good, and really fun to work with. They have helped my darkroom group club a couple of times.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Stone.

I haven't done the necessary work (re-sizing) on most of the shots to use them in APUG .

But see post #178 in this thread for one example with an amateur/part time model.

She and her twin sister are quite good, and really fun to work with. They have helped my darkroom group club a couple of times.
    I trust you mean 78?

I see now.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, thank you everyone! This has been a particularly lively and interesting MSA.

Unfortunately, for me, that makes my choice of a "winner" very challenging. I'm working on it. I'll have to get it done today - back to work tomorrow.

Bribes in the form of chocolate accepted

My husband has hidden the Christmas chocolate......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Well, thank you everyone! This has been a particularly lively and interesting MSA.

Unfortunately, for me, that makes my choice of a "winner" very challenging. I'm working on it. I'll have to get it done today - back to work tomorrow.

If your husband tells you where the chocolate is, will he 'win'??
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tell him you'll trade it for a handmade tuxedo (how about that for a bribe?)

"Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What about bribes in the form of cheese?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What about bribes in the form of cheese?
    Matt, you defintely don't wanna go there ... I'm from Holland - THE cheese country in the world

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	molens-kaas.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	79298 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaas-werkplaats.jpeg 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	79294 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaasdragers.jpeg 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	79295 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kas-klomp.jpeg 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	79296 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaas-vlag.jpeg 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	79297 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaas-meisje-gras.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	79299

We have the best cheese. To prove my point, see what happens to a mouse eating from Dutch Cheese:

(where are my OT pills??)
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 01-01-2014 at 02:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man!! This is hard!! There are 46 images entered!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, here goes.
    Firstly, thanks to everyone who has participated. It's been great to have so much activity in the MSA. If you've taken something, but haven't had time to process/print/scan, please post when you've got it ready. Always interested to see your work, you just won't be eligible to be the next victim, errr, judge.
    There has been so much terrific work it is next to impossible to pick a favorite.

Stone gets the quick off the mark award - with his first contributions posted on Nov. 3rd. If there was a ribbon for most entries, he'd get that too. My favorite of your entries, Stone, was the panorama "Fuel for the Age of Transport". Love the graphics of it.
    Toadmen, you entered 3 lovely colour pinhole shots. The one of a field and sheep, did have me wondering what the "transport" connection was. Were the sheep transporting fleas? My favorite of the 3 is #1, grass in the foreground and canal in the back. You inspire me to put some colour film in my pinhole camera.
    NedL offered a pinhole image of a shark/car, a fuzzy image of a bridge with a DIY camera, and a "normal" print of sparkling water and distant boats. Loved the pinhole. Obviously one of my soft spots.
    Barbara Ann, a regular participant, entered 4 - after much waffling, I decided on the shopping cart as the best.
    Jovo's bridge was a welcome and classy addition.
    VaryaV - of your 2 entries, your truck ditched in the spinach made me laugh the most.
    IGI, taking part for the first time, gave us a lovely shot of houseboats in Paris.
    Hatchetman, another first timer, I think, sent in a very well-timed image of a train, and traffic.
    Bertus, with 3 entries, impressed me the most with his B+W bike on a boat, even though I am partial to cyanotypes.
    Adelorenzo gave us a lovely cyanotype of a paddle wheeler.
    Copyhat set up his(her?) tripod to shoot car light trails.
    Flying Camera entered 5 stellar images, B+W and colour. I cannot choose between the subway entrance and the rushing subway car.
    Chris Neilson contributed 3 vintage airplanes. The Grumman Ag Cat intrigued me the most.
    Matt King - I really liked the farmer in front of his cart, grubby jacket and all. The girl putting on make-up while perched on a motorcycle was well done, but not as real.
    JCC - your panned shot of a bike rider is awesome.
    Heinz gave us an airport shot that included an airplane, a van and the luggage trolley - 3 methods of transportation!
    Polyglot - a classic Camaro, beautifully photographed.

Drumrrrrroll!!

The winner is Anthony DeLorenzo for his stunning cyanotype. I'm a sucker for an alt print, and admit to having a soft spot for the Yukon.
    If Adelorenzo is unable to fulfill his duties, and assign out next topic, I give second place honours to JCC.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin