Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,345   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, "Silver Lilly"! Like the new theme.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's a very good theme. I'm thinking all morning what and how to shoot .....
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OK!!!

In great irony to the MSA this month, on the 1st! late in the evening, my tire... imploded... literally... if I had had a film camera I could show you...

So on the 2nd (today) I went to the local Firestone, and waited... 4.5 hours for a new tire... so I took the time to walk down to the local Train Station nearby and shot these...

I really took my time with these, but sadly, I'm not too satisfied...

The first, I wanted to show that there wasn't just one form of transportation here, I wanted to show all the different types all intersecting and connecting, I used my toyo45a 4x5 LF camera to make sure every line was in focus, I spent 20 minutes setting up the shot, but it just doesn't "do it" for me like I thought it would. Anyway as you can see, the (yellow) "you're too close to the train and it will hit you" path, the tracks, power lines, cables for the train, the highway in the background, and there's a harbor ferry underneath the highway you can't see. Lines...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foma100-Rodinal50-8min-2400-1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	449.1 KB 
ID:	76300

Next we have a second train shot, I made sure the highway was in focus, as well as the farther train, so you could clearly see both, I waited almost 2 hours to get this shot, train after train came through but I wanted a big truck to show on the highway as well, finally just before I was ready to pack up, a box truck appeared, better than nothing. I was hoping they would both have a little motion blur, but the train was going too slow by the time the truck came through. Ultimately I wish I had a longer focal length lens, to simply get the top of the metro north words with the truck being larger in the background, I could crop but I like to keep my 4x5's as is since I spend so long setting them up in the first place... the Trucks and Trains...

Name:	Foma100-Rodinal50-8min-2400-2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	76301

And finally, last but not least, 4 hours later I came back to the shop expecting to see my car all ready to go, and low and behold, the spare still on it... they hadn't even started, so I got down low, and in the late bright sun (4pm) took this one, the ground was covered in grease etc from leaky cars, so I didn't want to risk my dark cloth, so I just used the pop-up shade, which means no loupe, which means just to be safe, I shot this at f/45, I know that causes some defraction or something like that, and it's clear blown up, that there was SOME, but I really wanted a contrasty look for this one, the Saab I own is a safe car, and as such, they love to warn others with this bright red rim... I almost took a chrome shot of this, but figured I wouldn't get it processed before it was over, and all I had was Velvia50 so it wouldn't have been worth it with such harsh light. Anyway I really like this one... the Spare...

Name:	Foma100-Rodinal50-8min-2400-6.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	76303
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Stone! That was quick off the mark. I think you get the prize for fastest shoot and post for the MSA!
    I agree with you that the tire image is the most pleasing, though I also like your idea of including more than one form of transport in an image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I typically miss the MSA subject announcement, but I didn't this month. Interesting challenge; I think I'll work on it. I even have an idea!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Wow, Stone! That was quick off the mark. I think you get the prize for fastest shoot and post for the MSA!
    I agree with you that the tire image is the most pleasing, though I also like your idea of including more than one form of transport in an image.
    Thanks, yea I missed the last two I wasn't able to get all my stuff in, so I had the opportunity and took it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice subject, I'll have to have a proper go this time.

In other news, yesterday I developed the 4x5 chrome that I exposed for two(?) assignments ago

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post

Nice!
    What camera, film & developer?
    Rolleiflex?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Nice!
    What camera, film & developer?
    Rolleiflex?
    yes. Rolleiflex 2.8E Planar, Tri-X, Pyrocat-HD.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin