Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,890   Online: 937

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    If we're doing transportation-related stuff, then I'll toss this in as well: it's the entrance to an abandoned subway station in Paris:

And a beauty it is!

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If we're doing transportation-related stuff, then I'll toss this in as well: it's the entrance to an abandoned subway station in Paris:

Very cool! I kind of wish that the gate door was a little more burned in but it's really nice either way.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I feel like everything I shoot just doesn't have the impact I think it does lately... *sigh* anyway here's my latest submission.

Toyo45a, 150mm f/5.6 Schneider Symmar-S, Cambo 6x12 back, 1/30 @ f/16 Yellow filter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PanF+inRodinal50-11min-Pano-3200-5.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	440.4 KB 
ID:	78821
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    First time posting on MSA. I read the rules, so hopefully I haven't broken any. Here goes!

Attachment 78485

Nikon F3 with 50mm f/1.8 E (for Excellent!), using TMax 400, exposed for 1/20s @ f/22.
    Like this! E for excellent indeed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I feel like everything I shoot just doesn't have the impact I think it does lately...
    Hey Stone, I liked smile a lot! I meant to say that here and got busy this week. Weird thing about that photo was I couldn't look at it and not see reddish color in the stripes of the flag.... strange how the mind works to fill things in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If we're doing transportation-related stuff, then I'll toss this in as well: it's the entrance to an abandoned subway station in Paris...
    Flying camera don't take this the wrong way but to me that's a dark and almost frightening image, like gates to Hades or something! It also is so evocative of that time in Paris when there was a funny idea of what "modern" would turn out to be... and now it all looks heavy handed if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by NedL; 12-20-2013 at 11:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Hey Stone, I liked smile a lot! I meant to say that here and got busy this week. Weird thing about that photo was I couldn't look at it and not see reddish color in the stripes of the flag.... strange how the mind works to fill things in.
    Thanks Ned, I appreciate that I've been shooting nothing but LF images so switching formats has its impact on me as well, changes my style and way of going about finding the image I want, just takes some getting used to, I know I'll get there, just frustrating when you take over an hour to take a single frame, and it comes out looking like crap! I couldn't help the tree's in front of me for that Smile image, but had I had the 300mm I have now, I wonder how just the sign would have looked... oh well, not going back for that LOL. Be Well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I'll call this one "Lipstick and Mascara"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46b-res.jpg  
    Last edited by MattKing; 12-21-2013 at 02:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sly and everybody -

There is some fantastic stuff here!

I would love to try and get something together (first time for me). I have a fun little idea, but I'm going to have to dig a hole. I assume the MSX closes on the 31st (last day?) If so, I should be able to start shooting tomorrow.

Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays to you all!
    Last edited by VaryaV; 12-22-2013 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, great bike!
    VaryaV - yes , it's open to the end of the year. As I don't expect to be spending New Year's Eve making my final choice, you could probably sneak an entry in on the morning of the first.
    Stone, I like that you are thinking outside the box.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin