Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,061   Online: 1129

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I've seen it, but had the idea before that, and mine would have been similar on design but I 1 didn't have enough time and 2 didn't have enough Legos without taking the "girl" Legos from the little blond there in the background... But I was allowed to use the "boy" Legos HAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlessdavis View Post
    Hah! Legos were the only thing I played with as a kid... We still have building contests between my dad, myself, and my brother sometimes on holidays. I might have to try out something similar, except with focus and normal film holders. Maybe 5x7 or 8x10, too. Give myself a chance to play with bigger negatives.
    If any of you wins a MSA, you can choose Lego as a theme.
    Here some random examples to get inspired.
    By doing so we could invite Lego as a sponsor of APUG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	83440 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duct_tape_lego_camera.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	83433 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	83434 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lego-leica-m8-camera-01.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	83435

Name:	images2.jpeg 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	83436 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images4.jpeg 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	83437 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legoslr-2-copy.jpg 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	83438 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Working-Lego-Camera-Build-4.jpg 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	83439
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    If any of you wins a MSA, you can choose Lego as a theme.
    Here some random examples to get inspired.
    By doing so we could invite Lego as a sponsor of APUG

Name:	images3.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	83440 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duct_tape_lego_camera.jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	83433 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	83434 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lego-leica-m8-camera-01.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	83435

Name:	images2.jpeg 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	83436 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images4.jpeg 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	83437 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legoslr-2-copy.jpg 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	83438 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Working-Lego-Camera-Build-4.jpg 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	83439
    Yes, I've seen many of those, and the last one was similar to the design that I had in mind, I had thought of it ahead of time and then went online and googled it to see what others had done and it turns out they had done exactly what I was thinking of, the only difference is I wasn't about to drill through the board on the front of the camera to make a lens board made of plastic I just figured I'd use an actual lens board but other than that it's basically what I had thought of. Well it's fun, The camera is already disassembled and is now currently a giraffe... A gas station... And I think a teacup
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Bert this is awesome! ( I like the way the photo on the wall looks in this too..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    LEGO camera built with the little one...
    Excellent creativity and how cool to use instant film for that!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Excellent creativity and how cool to use instant film for that!
    Thanks, I would have used regular film if I had the time, but thanks, the little one was glad she could see it right away.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First off, thanks to everyone who participated in this MSA. I hope it was fun!

I'm trying to pick a 'winner' here and it's bloody hard. First thing is I've gone through and picked my favorite entry from each person who entered. I have tried to find everyone's images in the gallery or on this thread but if I missed anyone I'm very sorry!

Here they are in no particular order. Each one is linked to the image.

Paul Glover: Really like this one, river landscape shot with a 1920's Ansco
    Pelo78: In-camera cyanotype shot with a cardbox box and magnifying glass. Blue skies work perfectly on this negative image!
    Hatchetman: Great image, I dig industrial stuff. Shot with a Kodak Signet 35.
    StoneNYC: Stone gets points for his multiple creative approaches this this challenge. This one was my favorite, an 11x14 paper negative shot with a homemade cardboard pinhole.
    barbara ann: Free cheap-o camera and film turns out a wonderful still life. I love the way the color came out.
    Thomas Bertillson: Thomas got some great images from a Minolta P&S but this picture of the lighthouse is by far and away my favorite.
    Sly: Sly posted many wonderful pinhole images but I liked this one the best. Really interesting composition, almost abstract.
    NedL: Homemade coffee can pinholes, this one was my favorite. I love the crazy angles from the trees.
    WildBill: Shot with a Diana camera, the vignetting goes well with this image. I love how the vines invade the geometry of the wall and window.
    micwag2: You can't go wrong with a Harley, some great tones in this image from a 25 cent Brownie camera.
    Bill Burk: A dream-like quality to this photo of children on a beach. Shot with a pocket instamatic, I'd love to see this print in person!
    ajmiller: I think Daci Royal is one of the best names for a camera, and obviously well worth the 2 pounds. Great choice of subject.
    Bertus: I'm a sucker for adandonment and this abandoned school is rather haunting. Taken with a disposable camera found under the spare tire of the car!

Winner to come in the next post...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to go with Thomas Bertilsson and his image of Split Rock Lighthouse in Minnesota. By the standards of what people have brought to this challenge a Minolta P&S is actually a pretty swanky camera , but this is an image that just works for me. Interesting choice for vertical composition, the frozen foreground and the fog really set off the subject.

Congratulations! You win the right to post the new challenge.

Thanks again to everyone who participated it was a lot of fun to see what you came up with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Thomas!!!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Thomas,
    Congratulations!! It is indeed a wonderful image, proving a saying of Ansel Adams:

" ... avoiding the common illusion that creativity depends on equipment alone ... ".

And you did with a great image made with a simple point & shoot camera. The rightful winner of this MSA, indeed.
    So, congratulations again and good luck on selecting an other inspiring theme for the next MSA. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with. I'll give it a go again. If possible I'll try a pinhole camera again. After all it's the May-April MSA and it's Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD) again on the 28th of April.

@adelorenzo: thank you for a very inspiring MSA. I think you got us all out of our comfort zone where we learned new stuff. At least I did: I never build a camera this big and this simple and never made a negative this large. It was fun!!
    Thanks,
    Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 03-03-2014 at 02:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I greatly appreciate the honor of receiving first place, especially in such fine company of creative and wonderful photographers. I just entered with a spirit of having fun and using a clunky old camera, but it was fun and very rewarding. I hope everybody else had as much fun, or more, as I had.

I have posted a new topic for March / April. Since I'm new to this, please let me know if I missed anything.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin