Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,586   Online: 923

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Accident Report camera: Scene of the crime?

Hobby table from my wife + build-in flash through a magnifying glass. Found this old Motor Vehicle Accident Report camera onder my spare wheel (for free included the insurance papers) and inside a 200 asa Italian colorfilm. It was there for a loooong time. Film developping in HC110 B&W developper random for 8 minutes 1+25 and printed on old agfa premium color- Black and White paper(old paper bulkroll also a gift) in the dark. I LIKE THIS TOPIC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accident-Report--Camera-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Bertus; 01-10-2014 at 12:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Found in a flea market in a local town - a 1950 Geman-made Dacora-Kamerawerk 'Daci Royal'. The woman in charge of the stall where I bought it was sitting in for the guy who ran it and agreed with me it was a pitiful looking specimen of a camera (ahem!). She agreed he had no chance of selling it and let it go for £2.00 after I haggled her down from a fiver. Cheap I know!
    The lens is f9 and single sticky shutter at 1/40 sec - but it's a wonderful little thing that unfortunately has no need of duct tape.

Anyway I went to our local seaside town the other day to try it out. Uploaded a photo called 'Cheap Laughs' to the gallery (I know, I'm laboring the 'cheap' angle but hey....!)

Thanks to adelorenzo for a great MSA...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daci_Royal.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	80009

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

My House Burned Down Today

So, in trying to turn bad into good, I took a shot with my crappy $10 camera lens that I hacked off and put on my 4x5, sorry it's not better, I only had time for one shot with the "crappy" lens and had to invest the rest of my time on my "proven" lenses, but I did enjoy using it, the lens is just a few years older than the house, which was built in 1925... and is now a smoldering heap... then I had to go back to dealing with it... but at least I had an opportunity to take a few images of my now defunct house...

TOYO45a, Kodak 122mm, #2 (probably f/16) @ 6 seconds, TMY-2 in Rodinal 1:50 for 10.5 minutes

Name:	TMY2-Rodinal50-10pt5min-2400-02MSA.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	80025
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stone!
    You really mean your house actually was on fire today and it burned down?? That is terrible!!
    It looks bad at the photo. Not too much damage I hope. Is it salvageable and insured I hope?
    And I hope that your stuff and equipment isn't damaged too much.

It's too bad you're on the other side of the big ocean, otherwise I would drive over and help you rebuild the place.
    I hope you and your family are all save through this fire.
    I wish you the best dealing with this mayhap.
    Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So, in trying to turn bad into good, I took a shot with my crappy $10 camera lens that I hacked off and put on my 4x5, sorry it's not better, I only had time for one shot with the "crappy" lens and had to invest the rest of my time on my "proven" lenses, but I did enjoy using it, the lens is just a few years older than the house, which was built in 1925... and is now a smoldering heap... then I had to go back to dealing with it... but at least I had an opportunity to take a few images of my now defunct house...

TOYO45a, Kodak 122mm, #2 (probably f/16) @ 6 seconds, TMY-2 in Rodinal 1:50 for 10.5 minutes

Name:	TMY2-Rodinal50-10pt5min-2400-02MSA.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	80025
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, your lens turned 101 a few days ago. I almost sent it a birthday card.

I too hope you get through this distress quickly and that you did not lose too much.

Ned

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh really? How do you know the age of my particular lens? This is interesting, tell me more Ned.

I don't have insurance and the house is totally destroyed, but thanks Bert, I appreciate the nice thought. I had moved out of it already and was trying to give it to the bank when someone broke in and started a fire, it was either a junkie trying to get warm, or some trouble maker, a few other houses got hit the same time.

I lost a bunch of clothes, furniture, all my tea, and a bunch of dishes etc. but all in all, nothing important enough to really be upset over, no one was in the house and that's the important thing.

Thank you everyone of course.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't have insurance. Hopefully the land itself is worth more than the house. That's really bad luck and I hope it turns out okay somehow.

About the lens, well it's a bit of a guess, but with the old Kodak 1A and 3A autographics, if you look inside the door, there is always a long list of patent dates... as many as one or two every year. The later cameras from the 1920's had long lists of patent dates. Since they updated those so often, the last one was usually pretty close and often within less than a year of when the camera was manufactured. Your lens has a 7 Jan 1913 patent, so it was probably made not very long after that date. Just a guess but probably pretty close.

For MSA,
    I'm sort of off in another world right now. I'm using a homemade foamcore box camera with a lens a lot like the one Stone is using. I've been making paper negatives from commercial paper and contact printing them as salt prints. Tonight I sensitized my first calotype ever, and it will be ready to shoot tomorrow, so I'm very excited about that and all my attention is there. I'll get back to thinking about MSA when this distraction/excitement settles down.... or if it is successful maybe it will be an MSA entry. It sure is fun, I'm having a blast with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time to break out the XA2
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	80097

Dug these cameras from the "stuff-to-go-to-the-thrift-store" box. One belonged to my father-in-law, the other to my husband before we met. The Fuji shutter still works. The Konica is not functioning, but I'll try new batteries.

The two rolls of film have been languishing in the freezer for years - and were certainly cheap. They were door prizes, or included in grab bags, back before digital took over the world of photo clubs. I'm sorry now that I shot my roll of "Japan Camera" film last summer. That store hasn't existed for about 15 years.

Hope to get out in the next couple of days and give one of these cameras some excercise.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well scrap that plan. Neither camera worked - it's the automatic winder thing that is non-functional in both......
    Time to move on to plan B.......when I come up with a plan B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin