Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,124   Online: 753

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Problem is, I have no more cheap film, save one, and it's special to me and I have plans for it,I had a bunch if Tri-X that would have been perfect but I sold it.

Hmm, not sure, oh!!! I have a plan now!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sooooo, a panoramic pinhole Holga. That counts, right?
    Loaded with Delta 100 (gift from someone no longer shooting film, age unknown) for a test run. I advanced the film improperly, and my cable release didn't hold the shutter fully open, so the first roll is, er, imperfect. Printed the middle of the roll on Ilfospeed MG1M. It seems this paper must be at least 20 years old - another donation from a darkside deserter. Never refrigerated. I had planned to fix it out as a substrate for carbon, but this assignment was a good chance to give it a try. I'm surprised at the lack of fog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	80345

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Loaded with Delta 100 (gift from someone no longer shooting film, age unknown) for a test run. I advanced the film improperly, and my cable release didn't hold the shutter fully open, so the first roll is, er, imperfect. Printed the middle of the roll on Ilfospeed MG1M. It seems this paper must be at least 20 years old - another donation from a darkside deserter. Never refrigerated. I had planned to fix it out as a substrate for carbon, but this assignment was a good chance to give it a try. I'm surprised at the lack of fog.

Neat
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sooooo, a panoramic pinhole Holga. That counts, right? ...
    I don't even know what MG1M is! But I like the panoramic pinholes!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice series of images. Did you use the Holga 120-WPC? It a very nice pinhole camera, I have one myself. I take it always with me on holidays. Light to carry and easy to use with a very small bendable tripod.
    I (almost) only use very-old-and-not-properly-stored films for my pinhole photography. I had good results with Fuji NPC, Fuji NPH and Konica 400PRO films. Old Kodak Gold film is often useless, since it turns into a muddy brown. The Fuji films however give beautiful almost pastel colours (blue sky, green grass). I'm an almost only B&W photographer, but with pinhole I seem to use mostly colour film. Maybe because the colours are (nicely) off due to old film and the pinhole lens?? See for instance my entry in the previous MSA: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=60001
    Bert from Holland

"Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes the Holga WPC 120. I 've been considering buying it for awhile. NedL and you, during the last MSA, gave me a nudge; this MSA nudged me again, and our upcoming tropical holiday was the final nudge. I haven't got anymore gifted film, but have bought colour for our trip.
    I ran some HP5+ through the developer last night. Will post a print or 2 later today, I hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera I ever bought was/is a 1953 Argus C3. I shot with it for 7 years solely.

I'll post a photo later

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Took the Holga WPC down to the harbour.

Views:	24 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	80418

Views:	23 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	80419

Views:	22 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	80420

Views:	23 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	80421

I never thought I'd enjoy using a cheapy, very plastic camera. My new addiction to pinhole images has changed my mind. I'll run some colour through, too.

These have been uploaded to the gallery too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went out yesterday and made 3 pictures for MSA along the Russian River. My idea is for each picture I will also take a ( d!9!tal ) picture of the homemade camera, in the act of making the photo.

Unfortunately, all three are disappointing. But there is still plenty of time and I had fun trying.

1) Calotype in lensed camera, the calotype fogged. It would have been a good photo though, so that's progress! My first try at a calotype was out of focus. This was my 2nd try ever.

2) 8x10 pinhole paper neg, I thought the paper had been pre-flashed but obviously it wasn't. Too underexposed to use. It too would have been nice if exposed properly.

3) Late afternoon instant film color pinhole... nice colors and mood but no real subject or feature to attract the eye.

These failures give me a good excuse to go out and spend another day wandering around along the river, which was a lot of fun and exercise. Also I'm thinking about pulling out the big gun. That's a Hello Kitty pink popcorn tin that holds a sheet of 11x14 paper... Also thinking about making a camera just for this MSA.... we'll see.

If I finish the roll of Tri-X in my nikon, I will consider the idea of putting some c-41 in it, to make the "photos of cameras making photos", since this is APUG. But I'm not sure about that.

Edit: here's an inverted scan of the calotype I made. It's so badly fogged that I'm not sure if you can tell by looking why I think it is promising!

Name:	cal002.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	420.6 KB 
ID:	80429
    Last edited by NedL; 01-19-2014 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added scan of calotype

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post

Edit: here's an inverted scan of the calotype I made. It's so badly fogged that I'm not sure if you can tell by looking why I think it is promising!

Name:	cal002.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	420.6 KB 
ID:	80429
    FWIW, I think your calotype looks great. The interplay of grain/texture and subject detail is beautiful.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin