Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,662   Online: 954

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I did the calculation and it is astonishing to visualize. That is a very good way to conceptualize the relationship between the size of a salt crystal and the size of one NaCl atom! Wow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in Minnesota there are currently 52 minutes left of April. I have a commitment of delivering 22 perfected print scans to a magazine for publishing by tomorrow night, and I only have about 10 finished so far. So today and tomorrow I don't have a chance to review all of the entries. I'm letting you know up front, so you know why this won't happen until the weekend, most likely.

Again, thanks to all of you who participated! I kind of wish I had had time to participate with a blind entry myself, of course not competing, but just trying it out to see if something interesting could be created.
    My leans are heavily towards the artistic side of things, but I will attempt to be as unbiased and objective as I possibly can when I review and decide on a winner of this round of Monthly Shooting Assignments.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish there was enough time for me to photograph rubbing salt in a wound. Can't believe the Wild just beat the Avs. I did not see that coming.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I wish there was enough time for me to photograph rubbing salt in a wound. Can't believe the Wild just beat the Avs. I did not see that coming.
    Me neither, Rachelle! I am as surprised as you are. After the regular conference I expected Colorado to wipe the floor with Minnesota. Wonder how they'll do against Chicago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing I like to mention in connection with this NaCl cube-corner sculpture: I built it within the 'Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts' 2003, class of Günter Unterburger - a great artist and teacher.

I do not know if building this sculpture so long ago prevents the photography from yesterday evening from being included - if so, then even better I mention it, besides the credits I wanted to give to Günter.
    Last edited by Heinz; 05-01-2014 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The photo itself should be made this month, not the subject.
    The cow I shot (analogue, not ballistic that is) was also made several years ago
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bert - great answer, which gave me a big grin!
    Heinz

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
    Bert - great answer, which gave me a big grin!
    Heinz
    Then today is already a good day!
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Thomas,
    Would love to see your images for the magazine: what and were will they be published?

And take you're time for viewing and choosing the overall winner for this MSA. It was a fun theme and I've seen many very nice images. One specific image keeps coming up for me and would be my winner. I won't tell which one yet, since I don't want to influence you, but I wonder if you'll choose the same. I'll let you know after you announced the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Here in Minnesota there are currently 52 minutes left of April. I have a commitment of delivering 22 perfected print scans to a magazine for publishing by tomorrow night, and I only have about 10 finished so far. So today and tomorrow I don't have a chance to review all of the entries. I'm letting you know up front, so you know why this won't happen until the weekend, most likely.

Again, thanks to all of you who participated! I kind of wish I had had time to participate with a blind entry myself, of course not competing, but just trying it out to see if something interesting could be created.
    My leans are heavily towards the artistic side of things, but I will attempt to be as unbiased and objective as I possibly can when I review and decide on a winner of this round of Monthly Shooting Assignments.
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very sorry for not announcing anything yet. I've been sick and haven't felt right to look at the pictures with a clouded mind. Soon.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin