Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,022   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Near and far could refer to anything that can be measured in relative terms.

For example, time, pitch, politics ....
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Near and far could refer to anything that can be measured in relative terms.

For example, time, pitch, politics ....
    Well said. Thank you!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So many ideas!!!! 2 stick out! One will be hard because it would involve a priest a rabbi and a minister walking into a bar... Heh! And don't go stealing my idea!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So many ideas!!!! 2 stick out! One will be hard because it would involve a priest a rabbi and a minister walking into a bar... Heh! And don't go stealing my idea!!
    this?
    or this?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Kinda, I actually am going to try and do something with that idea though ...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, NedL ! I can see now the possibilities are limitless!
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have shoot some rolls this morning with Near and Far. Coming soon with some results. I like this assignment!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Worldclocks and timezones in Hotel New York in Rotterdam. MSA Near and Far. Near and far times together, and New York in Rotterdam.
    A Cyanoype and Vandyke Brown at aquarel, contact 6x6 from Kodak 400TMY-2 as 800 asa in HC110 dill B. Two another Cyanotypes, Hotel New York in Rotterdam outside, with Rotterdam Euromast on the right (last image) Ilford FP4 and HC 110. Bronica SQai and 80 mm, first three 40 mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kop-van-Zuid-2.jpg   Kop-van-Zuid-1.jpg   Kop-van-Zuid-3.jpg   Kop-van-Zuid-5.jpg  
    Last edited by Bertus; 05-18-2014 at 03:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Beautiful first entry, fitting this theme very well! I like the cyanotype best (composition, print).
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is my first attempt at Near and Far, both in time and distance.

The spirit of my grandmother.

My grandmother passed away in March 2013. When I visited my home country in September 2010 it was the first time in six years I had seen her, and I took a portrait of her. Then I visited a couple of times more, and when she passed away it was a difficult time; I still think about her often, especially when I'm out in nature.

I took this background photograph a couple of weeks ago, and thought of combining it with the portrait of my grandmother for this assignment, as a symbol of my connection with her.
    It's near in time because of one of the negatives being exposed and developed just a couple of weeks ago, and near my home. And far because of the time I took the portrait, and also because it was on a different continent. Finally there is a distance between my grandmother and I that cannot be bridged, yet she is still so close to me.

I hope it qualifies, even though one of the photographs are not new. If not, then at least I had fun making it.

Silver gelatin print, about 6x9" size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mormor_01.jpg  
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 05-18-2014 at 04:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin