Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,159   Online: 902

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    Worldclocks and timezones in Hotel New York in Rotterdam. MSA Near and Far. Near and far times together, and New York in Rotterdam.
    A Cyanoype and Vandyke Brown at aquarel, contact 6x6 from Kodak 400TMY-2 as 800 asa in HC110 dill B. Two another Cyanotypes, Hotel New York in Rotterdam outside, with Rotterdam Euromast on the right (last image) Ilford FP4 and HC 110. Bronica SQai and 80 mm, first three 40 mm.

Nice work, Bertus! I like the time aspect a lot, and your interpretation is very similar to mine.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A wonderful start to this MSA from Bertus and Thomas! I will regret that I must choose!
    I too like the theme of distance in time.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Here is my first attempt at Near and Far, both in time and distance.

The spirit of my grandmother. My grandmother passed away in March 2013.
    Hi Thomas,
    A very nice print and a great way to remember your grandmother.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My First Submission!

For subscribers...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=59230

Otherwise...

f/11 @ 1/125th with my Canon AE-1 with Kodak HIE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KodakHIE-Rodinal50-10p5mR-2400-36.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	88537
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photo I posted in the gallery earlier is metaphorically and literally basically spot on for this.

See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    The photo I posted in the gallery earlier is metaphorically and literally basically spot on for this.

I was under the impression this was shot a while ago, but if it's recent then I'm sorry even more so for your loss, but quite a beautiful capture.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may be bending the rules...the reason it's a fresh wound is because I had forgotten this roll of film existed, and decided to clear out my c-41 backlog over the past 48 hours...picked an old fujicolor 800 at random, whacked out color and all from sitting in who-knows-how-many different places over the past 16 months, pull the negs out of the tank and see these staring back at me.

Considering how much I love the photographs it was like a brick to the jaw seeing them all of a sudden without expecting it.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I may be bending the rules...the reason it's a fresh wound is because I had forgotten this roll of film existed, and decided to clear out my c-41 backlog over the past 48 hours...picked an old fujicolor 800 at random, whacked out color and all from sitting in who-knows-how-many different places over the past 16 months, pull the negs out of the tank and see these staring back at me.

Considering how much I love the photographs it was like a brick to the jaw seeing them all of a sudden without expecting it.
    Thanks for explaining even if it hurts. This happened to me today actually, been getting through my own backlog of B&W only my heartbreak was from a month ago and not only invoked the ex but her 5 year old daughter who I love dearly and may never see again... Love sucks sometimes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    My First Submission!
    Good! I hope that means there will be more! I've been busy the past couple weeks and haven't started yet, but am thinking of ideas.

This is the second time recently that you have submitted an image to MSA that my mind fills in detail... in the smaller version I see the general pattern of maria ( "the man in the moon" ) but then when I look at the large version I can't see it. Although this time I think it is really there in the tones. You had an image for "transport" with a flag hanging in a window at night, and I could not look at it and not see reddish color in the stripes. It was amazing. I even downloaded it and stuck a color picker into the stripe to see if there was any red.... there wasn't but still my eyes showed me what my brain expected to see... how strange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for putting this in the MSA I agree it is spot on.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin