Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,652   Online: 974

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    No problem Stone! I'm on the West Coast, so midnight here is 3AM for you.

And really, I have to work tomorrow, so it will probably be tomorrow evening before I can even start. As far as I'm concerned, anything that's in before tomorrow afternoon will be included. If anyone is printing tonight, you can let the prints dry overnight and scan tomorrow.
    Good because I just got home and have to sleep! So I'll try and scan and submit mid-day, if not, no big deal, I'm happy with my other entry.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Fabriano Artistico for my gum prints - holds up so well to those multiple soakings. I've not heard of the F. Academia. I'll have to see if it's available in my little portion of the world.
    silverlilly.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Both these are superb but I love the colours on the first - you're doing some great work with your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Here's my last 2 for this MSA -
    Ferns and Lilies - I'm still trying to decide if I like this.

Attachment 90431

Rock Arch - the same spot I took my WPPD shot, but with the Titan this time.

Attachment 90432

They are both gum prints, 8x10 pinhole negs.
    This has been a very inspiring MSA - looking forward to the next one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Fabriano Artistico for my gum prints - holds up so well to those multiple soakings. I've not heard of the F. Academia. I'll have to see if it's available in my little portion of the world.
    F. Artistico and F. Academia are different species, not to be confused with L. Aquarelle a different genus....

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Forgive me if this is a silly question, but did you presoak the paper with gelatine?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a lot of steps to gum printing - I start with a hot soak to shrink the paper, then once it's dry I paint on a layer of gelatin and hardener. I've discovered it's pretty important to get it thin and even. If it is too thick, or uneven, the gum flakes off. I'll do a batch of paper ready for gumming. Once dry again, I'm ready to start applying the first layer of "gum emulsion". Another dry, expose, soak, pull when enough of the paint has floated off, dry, then the second layer.......I like this as a summer process, because I'm not shutting myself into the dark all day. (Who cares in the winter?) While prints are exposing, soaking, drying I can weed or water the garden, pop across the road for a dip in the river, or sit on the swing to eat my lunch and count the quail chicks. It's sssllloooowwwww, but we're all into slow photography, right?
    silverlilly.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Starting up my computer to scan right now!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    While prints are exposing, soaking, drying I can weed or water the garden, pop across the road for a dip in the river, or sit on the swing to eat my lunch and count the quail chicks. It's sssllloooowwwww, but we're all into slow photography, right?
    And that's the main gist why I like these alt-photo processes in the first place !!!
    (Along it being non-digital as well)
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OK!!! Ugh!!! Really wish I could make a contact print, these 11x14's are rough to deal with digitally haha, but anyway basically a straight scan, image from the APUG Beach Party here in Connecticut, USA where I got to meet some of you guys in person! Whoot!! I "impressed" everyone with my cardboard box pinhole camera, and got to take this image

First time using a film holder for the 11x14 and so there was some light leak, pretty sure it's an issue with the actual camera than the holder, and I'm now working on making a new camera from scratch anyway.

OK without further Ado!

11x14 X-Ray Pinhole of all of our cameras, interestingly enough, I didn't realize how red-sensative(Or IR sensitive?) this film was, I don't believe any of the dark cloths were white, I think they were all black... very odd... (surprising) not a great picture but glad to submit it, since it's pinhole and all.

For those who aren't subscribers and want to see a bigger image ... here.... Near and Far Pinhole

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSA-AGFAcurix-Rodinal50-7mR-1200-Photomerge.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	90452

For those that are subscribers and want photo details... here's the smaller image in the gallery...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...?i=77198&c=508

Thanks for waiting!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    First time using a film holder for the 11x14 and so there was some light leak, pretty sure it's an issue with the actual camera than the holder, and I'm now working on making a new camera from scratch anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSA-AGFAcurix-Rodinal50-7mR-1200-Photomerge.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	90452
    Hi Stone,
    Nice entry and a pinhole as well! Bonus points with Ned for sure! And surely fitting the theme: Near and Far merged together by the almost indefinite DOF of pinhole. Nice interpretation of the theme.

I'm guessing you made the shot right into the sun, so I'm not sure if it's a light leak or just original "pinhole flare" on the right side of the image. It suits this image either way, so don't worry about it. It's pinhole: the imperfect perfect (or was it the other way around?)

@Ned: this is most likely the last entry in this MSA. You gave us a very nice theme, inspiring us to very different interpretations. The essence of the MSA, isn't it? Can't wait to see which image will be the winner....

Bert from Holland
    Bert from Holland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin