Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,809   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post

A Rolleiflex triptych panorama. Ektar 100, roughly 45 seconds per frame.
    Nice! Beware the shadow...

For some reason the middle frame seems brighter, also aren't you suppose to leave a seam in a tryptich? I'm asking as I don't know and have only seen collodion versions.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Rolleiflex triptych panorama. Ektar 100, roughly 45 seconds per frame.
    I like how well it feels like a warm pleasant night to be there.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flying camera - very nice! I like your shadow's inclusion in the image.
    NedL - apparently we have some kind of spooky convergence going on. I just got back from camping with my sons and 2 granddaughters - where I took pictures of the circle where nature talks are offered for the youngsters.
    silverlilly.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OK my first entry

shot on my 4x5 with a planned panoramic crop (I could have used my adapter back but didn't want to load a whole roll for one shot) to 6x12.

I failed miserably at recording, my dad was with me and was waiting for me to take this... but I'll guess the stats...

300mm f/22@1 minute, 9 stop ND filter, some front tilt and a tiny bit of swing to get both foreground and background rock jetty's in focus.

Delta 100 in Rodinal

As always I plan my images to be viewed big, and so I include a large version here, and a small version in the gallery.

Stillness in motion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSA-Bigger-4x5-Delta100-Rodinal50-12minR-2400-2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	91723
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OH and this one is a failed attempt, it was my second 8x10 image I took with my new camera, and the fireflies were really heavy, so I took this exposure over the course of 20 minutes or so, with dim light thinking there would be little light painted streaks everywhere from the fireflies since they were so much brighter than the scene, and I started at f/22 but the light was fading fast so I was adjusting the aperture every 5 minutes and ended up wide open for the last 30 seconds or so... still I don't see any streaks, I was disappointed so this isn't a submission just sharing my endeavors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSA-Bigger-8x10-Delta100-Rodinal50-12minR-1200-1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	91725

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Nice! Beware the shadow...

For some reason the middle frame seems brighter, also aren't you suppose to leave a seam in a tryptich? I'm asking as I don't know and have only seen collodion versions.
    If you want to get anal-retentive picky about it, then a true triptych is yes, three discreet frames. I've chosen to stitch them all together because that was my vision of the scene, but they were in fact three separate original exposures. Some of the exposure difference is due to my scanning software refusing to lock the exposure from frame to frame so I had to play with it when stitching. I know better how to deal with it now, so I can go back and re-do it better with less exposure variation.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you want to get anal-retentive picky about it, then a true triptych is yes, three discreet frames. I've chosen to stitch them all together because that was my vision of the scene, but they were in fact three separate original exposures. Some of the exposure difference is due to my scanning software refusing to lock the exposure from frame to frame so I had to play with it when stitching. I know better how to deal with it now, so I can go back and re-do it better with less exposure variation.
    Oh I see, thank you for explaining. It's still really nice. I had to go through the same thing when I shot my first pinhole 11 x 14 image because I had to scan it in four parts, what I did was write down the Scan level numbers from the first scan, And then would just change the numbers after the preview scan so that they all matched exactly for the real scan. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott- Have you used the Rolleiflex Panoramic head?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Scott- Have you used the Rolleiflex Panoramic head?
    Eddie- that's what I used to shoot my night-time three-frame panoramas. The bubble level on it is a bit tricky to see in the dark, even when using my iPhone as a flashlight. But when it works, it is nearly seamless... see below:

The only hiccup is from the flare caused by the street lamp between the left and center frames, and directly below it where the traffic streams didn't line up due to timing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't sure if you used one. If you hadn't, I was ready to lend you mine. I've only used it once, or twice, but never got the hang of it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin