Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,023   Online: 960

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment, July-Aug '14 - Public Spaces

Hello again folks. Time for the newest MSA. The last one was terrific. Hope all of you can get rev'd up about the next one. Inspired by the Canada Day celebrations I attended yesterday, I've chosen "Public Spaces". Any place or space designed or designated for people to gather. Indoor or outdoor, full of people, or echoing emptily is up to you.
    I always love to hear the story behind your photo - how you shot it, why you chose it, where it is, so please include some details with your submission.
    Looking forward to some great entries!
    silverlilly.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This brought an idea to mind immediately! It will be a big challenge and I'll have fun trying to do it.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And we're off again! Nice theme. I like it that every MSA takes me in a complete different direction.
    "To infinity, and beyond!" as an inspiring hero once said ...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's Gion Festival time here in Kyoto and August is so full of festivals around the country that there really isn't any excuse as to not participating this round! (not that I need to do festivals or anything...)

Nice theme Lillian! I'm looking forward to what people will produce this round as well.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Here's one. The fountain in Dupont Circle at night is a very popular hangout in the summer, with people sitting, walking, making out in the shadows, or even playing chess on the chess tables around the circle until the wee hours. This was roughly 10pm when I shot this. 1 minute 30 seconds was the exposure I think. May have been just 45 seconds. Regardless, long exposure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Starbucks Coffee, Dupont Circle. Where most of the folks retreat when they get too hot hanging out around the fountain. I think of this as being "public" because the windows there at the corner of the building are almost like a fishbowl and people are walking past at all hours, staring in at those inside, and those inside are watching the humanity flow by outside.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for getting us off to a great start, Flying Camera. I like them both, but the Starbuck's one edges in front, I think. I would certainly consider this type of commercial space, as public. Lots of people in and out all day, as well as the fishbowl aspect.
    silverlilly.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post

Starbucks Coffee, Dupont Circle. Where most of the folks retreat when they get too hot hanging out around the fountain. I think of this as being "public" because the windows there at the corner of the building are almost like a fishbowl and people are walking past at all hours, staring in at those inside, and those inside are watching the humanity flow by outside.
    Darn, I literally was going to shoot a Starbucks image tomorrow afternoon! Gah!!! Now I won't look original anymore! Lol.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Day before yesterday we took our daughter to summer camp. This is the campfire circle they will all gather around each night to sing and tell stories. Their tent cabins are in the background through the forest.

Coffee can pinhole paper negative, in this scan and small jpeg it is hard to see there are neat almost zone plate specular effects in the trees.

I'm also working on something else for this MSA...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A Rolleiflex triptych panorama. Ektar 100, roughly 45 seconds per frame.

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin