Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,158   Online: 952

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    This sounds like fun. I use film which I develop myself, then I scan and print on an inkjet printer - so I am not allowed to participate with these images. But would scanned Polaroids be allowed?

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I occasionally participate in a similar monthly contest; it is my experience that a month is rather short, especially for us analog people (the one I participate in is mainly populated by "the others", and just a few analog shooters). Two weeks to think of a good scene in the back of your mind, third weekend to shoot & develop, skip printing, scan from negative.

Take 1 1/2 month, and there's more time to shoot again and to do proper printing (I find scanning a print a lot easier than scanning from the negative).

Long story short: yes, I'd be interested in such a contest.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have created a subforum for this project. David B will be the owner and moderator of this project and subforum. I have also changed the old challenge gallery to be the new Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery. If you guys need anything else let me know, sounds fun

Sean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Add me to the list (if that's how it works).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker
    ... I'd be interested in such a contest.
    Would it be a contest, or just sharing photographs?

I'd be more interested if it's not a contest as such, but probably not every time - but when I could get to do it and felt inspired by the subject I would...(btw, how would it be decided what the following subject is to be?)

Cate

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like fun.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Giddyup!
    How will the monthly subject/assignment be decided? I'm in however it works.
    Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay, well I guess I have some work to do.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Okay, well I guess I have some work to do.

David,

I don't see why it has to be a lot of work. If it's not a contest, but rather a submission of a photographers perception of the theme, then all that's required is that every 60 (or however long) days, you post the "assignment". Maybe Sean would make a gallery for your group and the photos are posted there as members feel that they are able/inclined/motivated/etc... The only condition that I think would apply would be that it must be work done during the 60 days that the assignment lasts and the photo must be posted during those 60 days.

just a couple of thoughts ...

cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually John, as mentioned in this thread, the topic would change every 30 days but the entry times remain open so that you can post at any time. Since this is not a contest but an assignment for creativity, things are a bit relaxed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin