Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,214   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Monthly Shooting Assignment

Do you think a monthly shooting assignment would be good for APUG? I know that a few other sites have this type of thing and I personally, enjoy viewing what people have done as well as participating in it.

I know that the Egg Slicer seems to have piqued the interested of several folks, I thought it might be a good thing for APUG to have as well.

And if this goes forward, I think the "subject" should be of interest to all interested parties. So one month would be a still life and the following month would be a landscape and then a portrait another month.

So, whatcha think?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It isn't a bad idea, I've seen it work quite well in a number of places. Unfortunately, I rarely participate in them - the turnaround time is usually too short for me.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My shooting is normally somewhat sporadic although should be becomming less so, so for me as for roteague.

Tom.

Q17

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think if it were monthly, as you've suggested, it's a great idea. I'm sure I'd make time in a thirty day period to be able to participate.

=michelle=
    “While photographs may not lie, liars may photograph. It becomes necessary then to see to it that the camera we depend on contracts no bad habits.”

Lewis Hine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unless I am mistaken, didn't Petersens' Photographic or another publication have something like that in the past? But like Robert, I would probably need more that a month to take part in something like that.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Sounds like a great idea!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be interested, but with a longer turnaround time..... maybe 90 days?
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We did this for a while here on APUG and Sean did have a place in the gallery for it. Not sure what happened to it but it was fun.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    We did this for a while here on APUG and Sean did have a place in the gallery for it. Not sure what happened to it but it was fun.
    I think FrankB ran it for quite a while, but it was dropped because of evential lack of interest. That doesn't mean that someone else can't organise it again.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, this would be fun and 90 days would be about right for me.

60 days to ignore it, 20 days to be vaguely disturbed by the "something I needed to do". 5 days of terror in remembering and 2 sweaty all-nighters to pull it off.

About right.

Frank

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin