Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,201   Posts: 1,531,530   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree with Sanjay. Accumulate topics as they come in, but just pick one, and if it doesn't get too many submissions, chalk it up to experience and pick another one for the next month, and maybe that one will do better. Too much discussion of the topic drags the thing down.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    I think you should pick the topic from the suggestions. It will take too long if you want the majority to decide. I think that's what happened with the APUG Challenge.
    I'm with Sanjay too. Even if you just pick the topic out of a hat from the suggestions it would be much less hassle than trying to achieve a consensus on each month's subject. But I trust David B to pick a subject that sounds interesting, challenging and "do-able" for most of us. "Favorite Chair" shows that he is thoughtful and creative in his choice.

Remember when Aggie asked APUG members for suggestions for a name for her magazine? I wish that I could find that thread. There was one suggestion for every person who responded. If she had waited for a consensus, the project would have never moved past the naming stage .
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Since August is summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and many of us will be catching some beach time, I'll throw in a suggestion: Seashore (or seascape etc.).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    okay...so we have a vote the seashore. How about a shore in general, since I live in the desert and I can probably find a lake.

Or, your favorite chair.

Anything else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    g'day all,
    I'm in, lets go with "Favourite Chair"

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Seashore is boring - I can hardly avoid it around here.

I vote for "Favorite Chair". I'm sure my furry assistant will help me out...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm keen on the chair idea as well.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yup - me too ... the chair does it for me ... it's nice and simple ... and not everyone has a seaside anyway.

I think you can avoid a lot of trouble by just picking an idea and telling us. The project was your idea ... you should just decide what the subject is going to be and tell us. Too much democracy can be confusing .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Drats, you saw through my seashore plan. Who told you we're about to go on a family cruise to Bermuda and I was planning to have mucho pics of pink seashores?

Chair seems to the the consensus choice. So be it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never seen a seashore other than on TV and in photos, on the other hand, I do own chairs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin