Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,486   Online: 913

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yay! im great at portraits!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Images
    This is going to be damn tough.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yup ... this is gonna be tough. I may have to retire my 8x10 in favour of a 120 folder or my old Yashica 35mm .....

Well folks, we have until the last day of December, so get those thinking caps on and start looking for victims to photograph

cheers

Part of the concept is to get outside your comfort zone.

Photographing trees is too easy. You just sneak up on them and shoot them when they aren't looking.

So is street photography in a lot of cases. Stalk and shoot. But here you have to engage your subject. Then evoke responses.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Photographing trees is too easy. You just sneak up on them and shoot them when they aren't looking.
    LOL!

Well, indeed, getting outside your comfort zone. It's quite an assignment, nice idea, but it won't be easy. (Nobody said it had to be "easy".)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Well you've had a number of months to work on those other mamby-pamby assignments, now you're ready for the big time.

As for easy. What could be easier than taking pictures of people. There are billions of them around, they all look different, and now you get the chance to meet them instead of just slinking around shoot them when they aren't looking.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like this one. I have always wanted to do something like this and now I have the excuse. not that I didn't have it before. This is cool.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooting Assignments - Transportation

I have been contemplating a series on transportation for a couple of years (yeah I know, pitiful).

This might be the trick to get me off the couch and out of the office.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by robertarthur View Post
    I have been contemplating a series on transportation for a couple of years (yeah I know, pitiful).

This might be the trick to get me off the couch and out of the office.
    It sounds like fun, but if you're going to have it as the subject of a monthly shooting assignment, then you'll have to be selected by "the blansky" by submitting a qualifying pair of photos for the for Nov/Dec assignment as described in this post :

http://www.apug.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=30

cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin