Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,095   Online: 810

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Monthly Shooting Assignment - Nov & Dec 2006

I PM'd davidb to see if he was going to return to run this MSA forum and his reply was that he would be away for a while and so he would be unable.

I volunteered to lead the last one just to fill the space left by davidb, but all joking about coups aside, if anyone else wishes to be the forum leader, I certainly won't resist being overthrown .

Regardless who leads, we need suggestions for the next two months. I would suggest that we take suggestions for a week or two, then vote/poll/make a decision so that we can take photos and submit them before the end of December.

Any ideas? Maybe some of the same ideas that were suggested and not used previously?

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about ... transportation...?
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    How about ... transportation...?
    Interesting, could be something!

Just pitching in a crazy idea: for the people shooting B&W: express the subject "colo(u)r" using B&W; for the people who insist on shooting colour: express "Black and White" using colour.

Anyhow... I hope I do have some time and inspiration to join the assignment this time. It's certainly not due to a lack of interest that I didn't join last time.

(edit... ah, post number 100! I should really start thinking about a post in the "introduce yourself" thread...)
    Last edited by kraker; 11-01-2006 at 06:48 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: 100!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Two good ideas!

Some ideas from previous months ::

1.--School Buses!
    2.--Old barns

--Jeffrey
    at my feet
    what i saw today
    check this out

Ray Heath
    car washes at night
    liquor stores at night

Jeremy Moore
    The Old and the Young

Donald Miller

Images
    How about parallels
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hmm.... there seems to be a trend here. All the assignments seem to be "micro" oriented - objects, buildings, etc - but nothing grand, like beaches, mountains, lakes, etc. Just an observation.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about street photography?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Hmm.... there seems to be a trend here. All the assignments seem to be "micro" oriented - objects, buildings, etc - but nothing grand, like beaches, mountains, lakes, etc. Just an observation.
    Good point Robert. Marko has broadened things a bit with "street photography". Would you like to have one of your topics added as a suggestion for the list?

cheers

Images
    You can't find parallels in the grand landscape?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    You can't find parallels in the grand landscape?
    You're absolutely correct, they certainly could be found in a landscape and almost anywhere else too.. (cityscapes / factory floors etc)

We have a few good suggestions so far. We'll keep taking them for a few more days and then start either a discussion or a poll to decide unless someone else would care to suggest a different/better course of action.

cheers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin