Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,890   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Monthly Shooting Assignment Jan 2007

Nov / Dec ::
    So the Nov /Dec assignment was not exactly a raging success ... so Blansky is off the hook for the judging and I guess we'll try again.

Going Forward :
    Picking up on some things that were mentioned in the last set of suggestions, I'd like to suggest that for Jan 2007 we should look a bit bigger. It was suggested that we rarely look at landscapes when we do these sorts of projects, so part of the MSA will be landscapes. Transportation was also suggested as was the subject of parallels.

The Next Assignment
    So, the MSA subject for Jan 2007 will be parallels in a landscape/cityscape setting with extra merit (brownie points) given for including transportation as part of the scene. The landscape setting doesn't have to be a "grand" landscape, but it must be a long or wide view
    Remember that "landscapes" don't necessarily have to be just nature. They can include city scenes also as long as it's a long, wide, or long and wide view taken from a long distance.

This theme runs for January and February and the next theme will start in March.

Any questions?? Please ask.

Remember that the person selected (by me) as having submitted the photo most representative of the theme gets to pick and judge the next theme.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,

great to see a new assignment. Not that there was anything wrong with the previous one... but...

Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    The Next Assignment
    So, the MSA subject for Jan 2007 will be parallels in a landscape/cityscape setting with extra merit (brownie points) given for including transportation as part of the scene. The landscape setting doesn't have to be a "grand" landscape, but it must be a long or wide view
    Remember that "landscapes" don't necessarily have to be just nature. They can include city scenes also as long as it's a long, wide, or long and wide view taken from a long distance.

This theme runs for January and February and the next theme will start in March.
    I'll try to get the previous assignment out of my head and think about the new one. At least it sounds more up my alley than the previous (no offence meant, Blansky, the idea was great, I just didn't get round to daring to do it).

it must be a long or wide view
    View. View. You're only talking about the view, right? I mean, a landscape in the sense you mentioned can be done in a square format and still have a long or wide view, right?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    View. View. You're only talking about the view, right? I mean, a landscape in the sense you mentioned can be done in a square format and still have a long or wide view, right?
    Yes, you are correct. The format is not in question at all. It can be square, rectangular or even round if you wish .

cheers

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Images
    While waiting for the bus yesterday I was inspired to work on this. I took a couple of shots with my Canon G7 and liked what I saw. Brought my Mamiya 7II to work today with the 45mm lens and got a some 6x7s while few folks were around. Hopefully they'll turn out and I will have a submission for this one.

Stew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like this assignment much more better!

Want to check the archives (is that okay?) as well as consider new shots.

I guess "landscapes" have a bad rep because they're more likely to be snapshot-like than A.Adams "creations".

But, heck, us snapshotters gotta get a few crumbs off the floor once in a while too!

BTW: Please remind me again how we submit our pics? Just to this thread?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Want to check the archives (is that okay?) as well as consider new shots.
    Hmmm .... there's no rules that I know of from previous threads, but I think it was kinda' assumed that we'd go out and make a photo for the event? I hope that's ok.

BTW: Please remind me again how we submit our pics? Just to this thread?
    The pic's can be posted to the MSA gallery here : http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=508

cheers

Shooter
    8x10 Format

An example photo

Please excuse the dirt dust and what-not that the scanner passed along. (For this example, I just put the negative on a flatbed scanner and then inverted it, so it's all out of focus and dusty to boot) The attached photo is NOT an entry, just a negative from last fall that illustrates the sort of photo wanted for this session.

It's a landscape with parallel train tracks

(landscape ..... parallel ...... transportation)

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails North.jpg  
    Last edited by John Bartley; 01-05-2007 at 07:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling and added info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I am in. I need some sort of project to get me off my big rear and in the darkroom. Got some ideas already........(danger! danger! She is thinking!)
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    Hmmm .... there's no rules that I know of from previous threads, but I think it was kinda' assumed that we'd go out and make a photo for the event? I hope that's ok.
    No problem, John. I can live with that.

Besides, as Valerie points out, it will get me to rouse out of my winter slumber (although not much winter here this year) and get out to do some shooting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did Early Riser get advance warning of this (I know there may be no transportation in this one) ?

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=20926

Matt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin