Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,680   Online: 803

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Monthly Shooting Assignment - May and June 2007

Ok folks, May is here and the victim of choice from the last assignment is "spark" and the subject for the next two month shooting period will be posted shortly right here in this thread!!

I think that this is an assignment that we can eat right up !! so stay tuned !!

Spark will be judging the entries for the next two months so have at it!!

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Okay, the idea is "mealtime". Any pictures depicting eating, drinking, cooking, serving, washing the dishes, and so on. Also the meal itself- a still life of a sandwich, for example. The only qualification is an immediate connection with the actual meal- no fields of wheat or falling down fruit stands (unless somebody's eating there).

Bring a camera to work and you can knock this one out over lunch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Okay, the idea is "mealtime". Any pictures depicting eating, drinking, cooking, serving, washing the dishes, and so on. Also the meal itself- a still life of a sandwich, for example. The only qualification is an immediate connection with the actual meal- no fields of wheat or falling down fruit stands (unless somebody's eating there).

Bring a camera to work and you can knock this one out over lunch.
    Sounds good! It should be more accessible than horses I hope I can give it a try...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good to me too! I hope I can put in at least one entry this time around - if not more.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spark
    Okay, the idea is "mealtime". Any pictures depicting eating, drinking, cooking, serving, washing the dishes, and so on. Also the meal itself- a still life of a sandwich, for example. The only qualification is an immediate connection with the actual meal- no fields of wheat or falling down fruit stands (unless somebody's eating there)
    So, we're a week into the eight weeks of the May and June MSA and spark has given us a very straightforward assignment with lots of room for exploration and interpretation. We all eat several times a day (and in my case I'm glad to be back at work for the summer as "several" times a day was becoming "many") so we have lots of opportunities and a great variety of subjects available.

Get those burgers and hotdogs set up and let's see lots of photos of faces being stuffed!!

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Finally something I can sink my teeth into....

While wandering around a local art fest in Florida I came upon this scene surrounded by interested purchasers. I shot over everyones heads with a Pentax 928 on slide film.. It was great little camera while it lasted but it gave up the ghost as all things electronic do and wasn't worth fixing.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...0&limit=recent
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Oh sure ... it's 3:00pm and I didn't have lunch today and you're posting photos of hotdogs ... in colour ... now I'm hungry ...

Great photo!!

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wait just a minute there, guys and gals.

Here it is -- May 11 -- and today marks 131 days since I have eaten a morsel of food. No joke! Another crazy liquid protein diet. Not even an oyster cracker. Hope to go several more weeks. Lost more than 75 pounds so far.

Come to think of it, maybe a nice photo of my glass of Optifast or Slimfast?

Would that count? It's my version of mealtime. Of course, I have been known to take the wife to lunch or dinner while I knock back a Diet Coke (allowed). But photographing food while starving goes above and beyond the ordinary, I think.

Perhaps a photo of the protein powder before it is mixed with water?

Oh, the possibilities are limitless.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in. I cook enough.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

[for now] Arizona, U. S. A. [near future?] "Land of Enchantment"[NM]
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    O.K., then!! So far, I have in the current roll, a muffin!. So, obviously, I'm way in!! And those possiblities. . .
    [FONT=Verdana]"the real truth of a photographic image is in its ability to evoke emotion."--Bryan Peterson[/FONT]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My Muse wheels Herself about in a wheel-chair![/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin